10 gallon reef stocking

derek170

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a new reef aquarium, and I'm looking for stocking advice. The tank is 10 gallons, with 20 lbs of dry rock. With the rock and sand the tank holds approximately 7 gallons of water. I,m thinking of adding a firefish as well as a peppermint shrimp. However after checking live aquaria I think a better option may be a few neon gobys. If any experianced saltwater fishkeepers know please let me know if a firefish is a good option.
saltwater.jpg

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many options. Check out the “nano fish” section on Live Aquaria. What goes in is up to you and what you like. For me, I’d probably do a royal gramma, a neon cleaner goby, and a either s firefish gobie or a cherry head goby for a total of three small fish that won’t get big. good luck.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tank that small I would probably stick with fish that are recommended for that size and wouldn't do very many. Also think that is way too much rock, really only need half of that, severely cuts down the swimming room down and might limit your stocking options.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back