10 gallon species only tank

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone :) I will be setting up a 10 gallon species-only tank. I saw inappropriate reefer's budget build and I thought this would be cool since I have an extra aqua knight, some extra rocks, and an extra 10 gallon tank. I was wondering what fish I could put in it. I was thinking maybe like a frog fish, scorpion fish, or other stuff like that. thanks :)

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone :) I will be setting up a 10 gallon species-only tank. I saw inappropriate reefer's budget build and I thought this would be cool since I have an extra aqua knight, some extra rocks, and an extra 10 gallon tank. I was wondering what fish I could put in it. I was thinking maybe like a frog fish, scorpion fish, or other stuff like that. thanks :)
I dont see any issue with that. I had a smaller species of frog fish in my 13.5 did quite well until he got sick but that was unrelated issues. i had a common frogfish i believe. the ine that topped out ag about 4 inches. smaller scorpionfish would be fine too.

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see any issue with that. I had a smaller species of frog fish in my 13.5 did quite well until he got sick but that was unrelated issues. i had a common frogfish i believe. the ine that topped out ag about 4 inches. smaller scorpionfish would be fine too.
My lfs does have all these fish and I was just wondering, they are not very messy feeders right?

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs does have all these fish and I was just wondering, they are not very messy feeders right?
I have found them to be quite messy eaters depending on what you feed. I started with feeding live to convert to frozen and since i did not have access to freshwater glass shrimp i had to feed peppermint shrimp. I know expensive. I tried to switch to frozen krill and had some success but it’s definitely a work in progress. sometimes they do sometimes they dont. There are a ton of threads on how to get them to eat here on R2R when you switch to krill it can be messy because it dissolves or “explodes” but with the live food that they can swallow whole it is less messy. but allnin all since they eat “whole” foods they produce a lot of waste. CUC can be helpful but you got to be smart about what you choose you do not want them accidentally swallowing a shell. I kept small hermits and snails with mine

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should specify freshwater glass shrimp are a decent “cheap” alternative to live feeding since they have similar nutritional value. i forgot to include that in previous post
Are there certain foods that they will just ignore cuz it’s too small like brine shrimp

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back