10 Gallon Working Frag/QT/Macro Algae Tank

Rincon_Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
119
Reaction score
158
Location
Savannah
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Y'all,

I created a frag/QT/Macro Algea working tank to support my 55 gallon display tank. Obviously not everything is going to work perfectly, but some things are going well so far. The qt is limited because I added a fish. the macro algea is great. And as far as the refugium goes...well.....there is a royal gramma in there so it is so so, because he likes pods....but it is a work in progress.

Link to the Build Video:

Link to my other tank videos:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...a-coralaholic-redsea-reefer-250-build.795187/
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/nano-nem-tank-say-whaaaaa.795715/
PXL_20210109_004645804.jpg
 
Last edited:
I should clarify. When I used this as a QT tank I had none of the sand and rock in. I only had the filter hooked up so there was minimal biological transfer and minimal copper absorption. I added the rock and sand and plants after I decided to repurpose.
 
Any updates on your tank?
 
This tank has been my fiddling around tank, now it really is kind of a second display, but it has morphed over time.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new