10" Symphillia

  • Thread starter Thread starter bruin11av
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I believe that it is more complicated than that.I have not seen this coral fragged before and I would not recommend doing it readily.My friends from [HASHTAG]#REEFSQUAD[/HASHTAG] may have some better advice for you.
 
I wouldn't do it.
IMO sell it or trade it for a smaller one and a few more corals.
A few years back I did the same, traded for a few hammers.
Do you have a picture of this great coral?
 
I remember seeing a video of Eric Borneman fragging some brain by simply cutting it in half. I'll see if I can find it.


EDIT TO ADD:

Found it! It was a Scolymia...starting at about 17:30 in THIS video. Not sure if you could do the same with Symphillia.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new