100 gallon corner tank build.

Fish_Boy_Wonder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everybody! heres the new project. we were going to do a 45gal but our livestock guy hooked us up with this 100gal truvu acrylic corner tank. I still need to build the top hood, plumbing, and the rest of the stand.

the previous owner of the tank had a closed loop system, so i'll be using the plumbing holes for that as my returns from the sump, with the plumbing hidden with live rock, idk if thats still a closed loop or not but thats what i'm thinking lol.

kinda bummed i only have room for about a 30gal cube sump, does anybody have any recommendations for a cubed sump? ive been looking at eshopps sumps, but would love some input.

I'll add more photos as i go. thanks for loooking and any input and ideas yall might have for me. :cool:

IMG_0034.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0048.jpeg
IMG_0106-1.jpeg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is looking great.... You may hate this suggestion, but could you make the stand slightly larger than the tank? Maybe then you'll have room for a sump, plus, I like having counter space next to my tank for equipment I may pull out or to sit testing vials, etc.

Last edited:

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everybody! heres the new project. we were going to do a 45gal but our livestock guy hooked us up with this 100gal truvu acrylic corner tank. I still need to build the top hood, plumbing, and the rest of the stand.

the previous owner of the tank had a closed loop system, so i'll be using the plumbing holes for that as my returns from the sump, with the plumbing hidden with live rock, idk if thats still a closed loop or not but thats what i'm thinking lol.

kinda bummed i only have room for about a 30gal cube sump, does anybody have any recommendations for a cubed sump? ive been looking at eshopps sumps, but would love some input.

I'll add more photos as i go. thanks for loooking and any input and ideas yall might have for me. :cool:

IMG_0034.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0048.jpeg
IMG_0106-1.jpeg
so far it looks great! not too sure on custom sump suggestions sorry. good luck with the custom plumbing

OP
OP
Fish_Boy_Wonder

Fish_Boy_Wonder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is looking great.... You may hate this suggestion, but could you make the stand slightly larger than the tank? Maybe then you'll have room for a sump, plus, I like having counter space next to my tank for equipment I may pull out or to sit testing vials, etc.
unfortunately we have a limited footprint to work with, we have a couch that usually goes where the lamp is. Plus were trying to keep everything as flush as possible to the tank. if we don't end up making a custom sump we'll probably go with the Eshopps R 100 or ADV 100.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back