100 gallon fish list

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe0813
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joe0813

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
755
Reaction score
487
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a 100 gallon tank that has been running for about two years now and I kind of want more fish but worried it might be to much. Some fish came from my 180 before we broke it down to move some are new. I am upgrading to a 350-450 once we finish the basement which is our 5 year plan.

Here's what I currently have.
Yellow tang from 180
Purple tang from 180
Pair of clowns from 180 female is 13
Melanarus wrasse
Royal gramma
Flamehawk
Yellow assessor from 180
Purple firefish
Regular redfish
Rollands damsel

What I want to add
Mandarin I have pods dos them bi-monthly
Starry or lawnmower blenny
Pintail/flasher/fairy wrasse 1 male 2 female
 
I would say with both zebrasoma tangs and the melanurus wrasse, you are pretty much fully stocked. More bioload might work, but I think agression might become a bigger problem. I think you can still go for the mandarin, but would skip on the blenny (as they are not the smallest) and the wrasses until you can upgrade
 
I would say with both zebrasoma tangs and the melanurus wrasse, you are pretty much fully stocked. More bioload might work, but I think agression might become a bigger problem. I think you can still go for the mandarin, but would skip on the blenny (as they are not the smallest) and the wrasses until you can upgrade
The two tangs surprisingly don't fight at all. I got them both when they were about two inches and now they are huge. But maybe adding more fish might change it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new