100 Gallon Fowlr Stocking List

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mkolej
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mkolej

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
13
Location
Antioch
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I am going to be building a 100 gallon, 6ft long FOWLR and need some stocking ideas. It will have a 40 gallon sump as well.

My main requirement is I would love a puffer, thinking saddle valentini but am open to suggestions

I would also like a flame angel or lemonpeel angel as well.

Thanks for your help!
 
blue spot puffer or leopard puffers are other options as well :)

with a dwarf angel you can kind of "pick your flavor" so to speak as most would be happy in a 100 gallon

i'd consider some wrasses or a smaller tang. love those guys.

filefish are known to eat corals but they are so cool looking imo.
 
blue spot puffer or leopard puffers are other options as well :)

with a dwarf angel you can kind of "pick your flavor" so to speak as most would be happy in a 100 gallon

i'd consider some wrasses or a smaller tang. love those guys.

filefish are known to eat corals but they are so cool looking imo.
Thanks for the reply! The filefish are awesome. This tank will be a fowlr, I already have my reef going to this will be for the fish I love but can’t have in the other tank.

any suggestions on a smaller tang?
 
Thanks for the reply! The filefish are awesome. This tank will be a fowlr, I already have my reef going to this will be for the fish I love but can’t have in the other tank.

any suggestions on a smaller tang?
hmm... bristletooth tangs will help keep algae down. yellow or purple tangs too. foxfaces also eat algae.
 
I actually had two (2) Valentini Puffers in a 6’ tank once. They never bothered one another, but looked so cool with two swimming around in there. Just an idea.
 
I actually had two (2) Valentini Puffers in a 6’ tank once. They never bothered one another, but looked so cool with two swimming around in there. Just anT
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I decided to go against the FOWLR idea and make it a reef tank (My wife wants just one tank lol).

So here is what I am thinking for stocking.

I have:
cherub angel (may take him back to the store and get a flame angel instead)
two clowns
five chromis (may re-home these, if I don't get rid of the angel, he doesn't like them)

Would like to add:

Square tail bristle tooth tang
Longnose or flame hawkfish
bi-color blenny
yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair

And maybe a one spot foxface, might have too many fish for one these though.

Thoughts?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new