10K spectrum with LED (Noo-psyche)

SinkyShippy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2019
Messages
2,540
Reaction score
2,968
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded from a black box to the Noo-Psyche. I am attempting to set up a schedule but to say I am overwhelmed is an understatement. I am attempting to do a 10k spectrum view but there are like 6 different colors and it’s really confusing. I am attaching some photos of what I am looking for.

If anyone has something similar to what I’m looking for, please send over your schedules or any suggestions you have for which colors I should be adjusting higher or lower, it would be greatly appreciated.
2E9672DE-7F87-4138-8341-395713E2AE28.jpeg
IMG_1830.JPG
 
Running every channel equal percentages is the place I’d start. With both my kessils and reef breeders, that hits 10,000k right on the money. If yours is still too blue, push the white, red, and green channels higher than the blues. If you’re maxed out and it’s still too blue, either reduce the 450nm channel, or if that is inadequate par wise, you may not have the right lights for the job.

I commend you for shooting for the 10,000k look. Too many reefers are afraid of it.
 
Their channel definitions do not make sense.
From a spectrum point of view hard to "draw a picture"
 
Running every channel equal percentages is the place I’d start. With both my kessils and reef breeders, that hits 10,000k right on the money. If yours is still too blue, push the white, red, and green channels higher than the blues. If you’re maxed out and it’s still too blue, either reduce the 450nm channel, or if that is inadequate par wise, you may not have the right lights for the job.

I commend you for shooting for the 10,000k look. Too many reefers are afraid of it.
Thank you!

Why afraid? I think it’s beautiful!
 
I used the SPS/LPS setting to use a proven spectrum. I, however, needed to reduce the power of each color to about 30% of the LPS/SPS setting to get the par where I want. I then just turned up the white light to get the look I want.

P.S. Beautiful corals!!!!
 
Thank you!

Why afraid? I think it’s beautiful!
It is!! But most reefers use blue lights to hide algea and make corals appear florescent. The few accomplish what it takes to make a reef look that good in that full of a spectrum and true colors, though I believe we all recognize and appreciate what it takes to accomplish this...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new