10L containters,,, ANYWHERE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been promised to eventually get the 10L containers in stock in US for MANY months. I have not seen anyone with them. Please Please,,, this thread is just ASKING if there is anyone with stock and maybe we can find out where they are on the Nina Pinta and Santa Maria ships are in the Atlantic. Since I dose around 80 to 85 ml a day I go through the leaking 1L milk cartons too fast.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.uline.com/Grp_293/Jugs

Take your pick. I emailed them about Carboys and confirmed they're just over 10L for the 2.5 gallon containers (if you want a different one might want to make sure they're also sufficiently larger than advertised to accommodate 10L. They're what I would use if I made the switch (decided not to though).

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been promised to eventually get the 10L containers in stock in US for MANY months. I have not seen anyone with them. Please Please,,, this thread is just ASKING if there is anyone with stock and maybe we can find out where they are on the Nina Pinta and Santa Maria ships are in the Atlantic. Since I dose around 80 to 85 ml a day I go through the leaking 1L milk cartons too fast.
I bailed because I couldn't deal with the constant carton issues, and now the laughable prospect of having to mix your own alk components while still paying a massive price premium over competitive systems. I went ATI because the 10L weren't available. Despite all Triton's missteps I would have stuck with them if I could get 10L premixed jugs - they refused to ship them so that was that. Not sure when they are going back on the retail market. I don't think they are a priority at the moment because their profit margins are so much higher on the cartons and they need to desperately claw back some positive sales margin after the beating they've been taking on the shipping damage claims. Good luck on your wait. I couldn't hold out any longer. ATI is treating me well so far, just can't speak to any long term results yet.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh god I fail. My bad :( been a long day... found many retailers that have it in stock across the pond but none in the US

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaculus

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.uline.com/Grp_293/Jugs

Take your pick. I emailed them about Carboys and confirmed they're just over 10L for the 2.5 gallon containers (if you want a different one might want to make sure they're also sufficiently larger than advertised to accommodate 10L. They're what I would use if I made the switch (decided not to though).
I was meaning the 10L containers full of core7. Thanks though

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a walmart near you, they sell 3 gallon containers. Order online have shipped to the store for free and they are $5.98.

I won’t say what i use them for ;)

But work well for holding reef liquid, they also sell screw on pumps to make filling dosing containers easier.

OP
OP
Jaculus

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a walmart near you, they sell 3 gallon containers. Order online have shipped to the store for free and they are $5.98.

I won’t say what i use them for ;)

But work well for holding reef liquid, they also sell screw on pumps to make filling dosing containers easier.
I should edit the original post. I was meaning the 10L supplies from triton with the product in them. I use two DOS / DDR units for the dosing.

Last edited:

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jaculus, PM me, I can point you to where you can get a set

@rockskimmerflow PM me, I can point you to a set and I'd hate for you to have to mix all 3 ATI components, since:
Interesting... you can point me to a set... Is that set somewhere circling on a boat in the atlantic like it's seemed for the past 6 months?? In all seriousness I would've stuck with your product despite the undeniable horrendous business blunders that were made just as the popularity of the Core7 product took off in the US market - obviously none of the those decisions land on you, but it'd be nice to hear some admittance of error rather than dragging the company lines around about 'revising and fixing the 1L containers' which at last check have been an ongoing failure for literally 7+ months at this point. That's inexcusable to me and the leaky cartons would've spelled the end for me and Triton long ago if not for the fact that I spent considerable money to stock up on 40 Liters of your product as soon as I caught wind of the carton issue last autumn. I figured, hey that'll get myself and my clients through the month or so it'll take Triton to sort this out and return to functional packaging methods if needed. Well I certainly overestimated the efficiency of the business management at Triton with that line of thinking so naturally I ran dry of the 10L sets. Subsequently, I was unable to source any 10L and was forced to purchase sets of the faulty cartons. After 2 rounds of bad experience ordering those, I had to make the business decision to stop using an unreliable product and move to a product that so far has been readily available to me and miraculously uses durable PE cartons to house its contents.

P.S. nice partial quote of my post about mixing alk solutions. You quite conveniently neglected to include the part that reads while still paying a massive price premium over competitive systems. But that's ok. Let me break it down for you... dissolving components on the user end is labor, time is money, if I have to put my extra time into reconstituting your component that lowers the overall efficiency and value proposition of a given product. ATI requires dissolution as well but for the price and for the equivalent amount of dosed alk/cal/mg accounting for concentration disparity it is significantly less expensive. Not to mention, dissolving an alk component at Core7 concentrations requires much more time, heat, and/or agitation than the lower concentration and higher overall volume mix of ATI. It is exceptionally easy for me to make large batches of ATI given that 2 of their 10 L sets can be added to the typical 5 gallon HDPE water totes used in US aquarium service industry and then filled just past the 5 gallon mark with RODI to create a perfectly easy and clean roughly 20 liters of solution that dissolves clear in no time at all.

In any case I am no longer a customer and do not plan to return, so best of luck in your somewhat compromised position- I hope the dry powder alk components make your life easier. I don't care to be the guinea pig for them but hey maybe 4th or 5th time's the charm on the milk carton fix. Cheers

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim2@Triton
reefers still having issues? it's been half a year! this is ridiculous. as i said before, heads need to roll at triton gmbh. papa bear had his 6 months to get his act together - now he just needs to leave.

@Jaculus
call donna or tim at unique corals in van nuys, ca. i got a 10L set last week there.

OP
OP
Jaculus

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim2@Triton
reefers still having issues? it's been half a year! this is ridiculous. as i said before, heads need to roll at triton gmbh. papa bear had his 6 months to get his act together - now he just needs to leave.

@Jaculus
call donna or tim at unique corals in van nuys, ca. i got a 10L set last week there.
Tim helped me out getting a 10 L set. They arrived today. Thanks

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back