110 Stocking List

JamesRPaquette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

New to the hobby, was hoping to get some feedback on my stocking list for my 110 reef tank. I keep going back and forth adding things and removing things. I already have 2 Maroon Clownfish in QT. I have a general idea of what I want but don't know if I have too many for what my tank bio load will be able to keep up with.

I know the Picasso is going to be a no go in a reef tank with inverts, hoping however later down the line the Tangs will be able to help with the nuance algae growth.

PHASE 1
MAROON CLOWNFISH (2) Already in QT
PHASE 2
CLEANERS (MISC)
PHASE 3
BLUE CHROMIS (3)
PHASE 4
FLAME ANGLEFISH (1)
WATANABEI ANGELFISH (1)
CLEANERS (MISC)
PHASE 5
GREEN CLOWN GOBBY (1)
SUNBURST ANTHIAS (2)
PODS
PHASE 6
PURPLE TANG (1)
YELLOW TANG (2)
PODS
PHASE 7
GREEN MANDARIN (1)
PHASE 8
PICASSO HUMA HUMA TRIGGERFISH (1)

Let me know your thoughts!!

Last edited:

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 110. Stocking it didn't go well this year, but your list seems a little long. Maroons get big eventually, add in one large-ish angel and 3 tangs, and a trigger. I think you probably need to consider reducing your list. I've had many of the fish on your list at some point. You'll need a lot of rockwork to keep enough pods growing that the trigger can't find them all (unlikely) in order to support your dragonets, but a lot of rockwork impedes the swimming room you'll need for the watanabei and the 3 tangs.
You also will need a plan for feeding those anthias and dragonets - its a deep tank if its like mine, so it isn't always straight-forward.
I have 3 chromis. On one hand, they were available, and they added some much needed movement to my tank. On the other hand, I've had plenty of them in the past and wouldn't miss them once I have more stock.

just my 2 cents. good luck.

OP
OP
JamesRPaquette

JamesRPaquette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 110. Stocking it didn't go well this year, but your list seems a little long. Maroons get big eventually, add in one large-ish angel and 3 tangs, and a trigger. I think you probably need to consider reducing your list. I've had many of the fish on your list at some point. You'll need a lot of rockwork to keep enough pods growing that the trigger can't find them all (unlikely) in order to support your dragonets, but a lot of rockwork impedes the swimming room you'll need for the watanabei and the 3 tangs.
You also will need a plan for feeding those anthias and dragonets - its a deep tank if its like mine, so it isn't always straight-forward.
I have 3 chromis. On one hand, they were available, and they added some much needed movement to my tank. On the other hand, I've had plenty of them in the past and wouldn't miss them once I have more stock.

just my 2 cents. good luck.
Thanks! Already made the decision to drop one green mandarin. Might drop the green clown goby just because the competition for pods. Originally only had the flame angel on my list then added the Watababei. Might just go back to the Flame. I had a feeling I had too many for the sized tank that I have.

OP
OP
JamesRPaquette

JamesRPaquette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed my list and removed the Chromis.

Phase 1
MAROON CLOWNFISH (2)
Phase 2
CLEANERS (MISC)
Phase 3
FLAME ANGLEFISH (1)
WATANABEI ANGELFISH (1)
CLEANERS (MISC)
Phase 4
SUNBURST ANTHIAS (2)
PODS
Phase 5
PURPLE TANG (1)
YELLOW TANG (2)
GREEN CLOWN GOBY (1)
PODS
Phase 6
GREEN MANDARIN GOBY (DRAGONET) (1)
PODS
Phase 7
PICASSO HUMA HUMA TRIGGERFISH (1)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back