112g Cube Build

mic209

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2012
Messages
332
Reaction score
96
Location
Arroyo Grande, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really a cube to those of us who paid attention in math class, but it's 36"x30"x24", starphire, external overflow and eurobraced. Just finished the rock work a couple days ago and i'm waiting for my other radion to get back from ecotech. More details to follow!


 
Looks nice!!!
What are you're plans for it ?

I'm going to try RBTA's and acropora's in this setup. My last 2 setups were all SPS, so I want to try something different with this one. Here's some progression pics of the rocks, I used 1/2" PVC to build 3 towers.
47fa4e2022b8901292508c0b881958bd.jpg
[
f0db737897d83d449d08b9db960741e3.jpg


ca02bd2346be0abedb2638181cca6210.jpg
 
Sweet Rock work man. Hows that Gyre working for you? I want to add one to my cube as well. Starting to horde more sps :D
 
Sweet Rock work man. Hows that Gyre working for you? I want to add one to my cube as well. Starting to horde more sps :D

So far so good. I can' t wait to add corals, I'm curious to see how it moves SPS polyps. What I really like about the Gyre is the laminar flow in the tank as opposed to a narrow stream, I think the laminar flow will benefit corals health.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new