12 Hour skimming

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an issue keeping nutrients in the tank. I feed 4 times a day and it only seems to raise phosphate and not nitrate, so I've been dosing nitrate. I'm thinking about only running the skimmer at night. Does anyone think there will be issues with this?
 
Please provide specific nitrate and phosphate values.

After running my skimmer at night I noticed no significant increase in values and ended up increasing feedings and dosing nitrates.
 
Phosphate is .02 and nitrate is 5 after measuring today. I've been dosing nitrate for the past 4 days. I'd prefer not to have to dose either of these if possible.
 
I personally would keep running the skimmer and dosing (it’s what I do). I don’t generally think the small nutrient boost from. Not skimming is worth the reduced organic export and aeration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new