12% OFF Fathers Day Starts NOW + MAP SPECIALS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pecan2phat , Honestly, I am a long time ESV user since my lfs carries them, I ran out one time and they didn't have it in stock so I was forced to use the AF reef salt I bought but never bother to open it to use it. After a month I notice no difference from ESV. But then when I finished the bucket and went back to ESV, I see a lot of hair algae coming back to life, especially in my refugium! And I remeber there was a discussion about a fellow reefered tested out the freshly made ESV salt water and found the phosphate lvl to be 0.3, ESV play it off saying its normal for freshly made water to have some phosphate lvl in it so I didn't change salt at the time. Now I am switching after experienced the difference first hand.

Only thing I didn't like about AF salt is (same as reef crystals from IO), there is a dust cloud when you pour the salt into the ro/di water, which makes it a bit messy compared to ESV, but I can live with that.

Sorry for the long unintentional review, to sum it up, I like their reef salt very much, thats why I ordered 2 buckets from Premium last time and this time I ordered their dosing liquids.

premiumaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@pecan2phat , Honestly, I am a long time ESV user since my lfs carries them, I ran out one time and they didn't have it in stock so I was forced to use the AF reef salt I bought but never bother to open it to use it. After a month I notice no difference from ESV. But then when I finished the bucket and went back to ESV, I see a lot of hair algae coming back to life, especially in my refugium! And I remeber there was a discussion about a fellow reefered tested out the freshly made ESV salt water and found the phosphate lvl to be 0.3, ESV play it off saying its normal for freshly made water to have some phosphate lvl in it so I didn't change salt at the time. Now I am switching after experienced the difference first hand.

Only thing I didn't like about AF salt is (same as reef crystals from IO), there is a dust cloud when you pour the salt into the ro/di water, which makes it a bit messy compared to ESV, but I can live with that.

Sorry for the long unintentional review, to sum it up, I like their reef salt very much, thats why I ordered 2 buckets from Premium last time and this time I ordered their dosing liquids.
Thanks for sharing your experience with those 2 products. There is so many options and products now that it's nice to see how everyone likes or dislikes certain ones.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back