OP
OP
alexiowa

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the latest video on my reef where I talk about what I dose the tank and take a look at a few things that have changed. Be sure to like, comment and subscribe to my channel for regular updates.

OP
OP
alexiowa

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving my new lighting. I've already built a better enclosure that allows me to open the hood and access the tank. I'm building a new entertainment center before I take a final crack at the aquarium hood until I can think about the design for a while. I hope you enjoy and subscribe if you like what you see. thanks

OP
OP
alexiowa

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been about a month since I put anything up on youtube. Work and lightning knocking out the internet for almost two weeks put a pebble in my youtube shoe. Thankfully the internet is back up and I'm able to adjust the alkalinity and calcium consumption. I was dosing alk for one minute every hour and started having to give it about another five minutes every day. Since I was able to get back into apex fusion I adjusted it to a minute twenty every hour. Calcium was bumped a little as well from 3:15 to 3:30 and is dosed from 10-6. Hopefully the nitrates are affected by the addition of the biopellet reactor since the nitrates are affecting the tank. I've kept up with larger water changes and hopefully in the next month they take effect. The phosphate levels are looking great on the other hand. I just opened up the air holes in the santa monica reef drop 1.2 which hopefully will help keep up with the phosphates. I kind of wish I'd kept dosing nopox and not added the scrubber. I do know that when the biopellets are more effective then the combo of biopellets and the turf scrubber will be a good natural way of taking care of these elements. If you have any experience that might help I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks for your time and hopefully you enjoy the video

OP
OP
alexiowa

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I'm using way more magnesium now than ever before. I have adjusted alkalinity and calcium up a little bit but the magnesium intake has been crazy. I was dumping a cup or so of magnesium when I'd mix up a new batch of alkalinity. I just measured 1270 where I usually keep it around 1400. Might need to add another BRS doser to the mix

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back