120 rimless cube build 48x48x12

dedubya

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
273
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus,Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so been looking around here for awhile and thought id share my new cube build, it's a 120 48x48x12. So here it is.

decided to build my 1st stand,made with 2x4,2x6's, topped with 3/4" plywood, and 3/4" foam, I didn't skin this 1 since it was my 1st, so will build a new 1 and skin it later.
t2.jpg


now the tank it's a 1" thick acrylic custom made tank, with 2" drain and 1 1/2" return in the overflow box
t3.JPG


then I bought some 3/4" conduit and made some light hangers for my led's which are just 2x boost mu135 fixtures for now, will add more lighting later. Had a custom 39 gal geo sump that I used for now. And luckily my mp 40's actually stuck to the 1" thick wall. Will add more pics later
DSCF1221.jpg


left some room for frags til i fill the rest in

DSCF1215.jpg


DSCF1154.JPG
 
Nice lookin tank. I personally love cubes and lookin forward to following this thread. Thanks for shareing
 
Looks like a good start. You can get larger pictures if you first download them to photobucket and then just link to them here.

CJ
 
Glad you joined and thanks for sharing! Tank looks good and I like the top down look of the aquascape!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new