OP
BluTang85

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you still have the program or intensities you programmed into the Photon? Want to compare with mine as I am running a Photon V2+

FE2BEC23-79CF-489A-B927-4E826DDDF129.jpeg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the photon compare to these? Do these give more color pop?
[/Q

The photons are really nice, but the radions are the top of the line as in par and ab+ look. I had to supplement my photons with t5s to really get the spectrum I was looking for and with the G5 radions I get that with the led alone.
[/QUOTE]
I got real picky about the spectrum and I cant seem to find a light that has what I want besides the radion blu and a few more that I cant find anywhere. I saw brs review the razor and they were saying it had the widest blu band compared to t5 of any light they tested. It has 390 400 and 410 in the uv then it has 440 deep blue and 450 roayl 470 cool and 2 whites red, green and cyan. Thats a pretty full spectrum isnt it? I am newbie so only know from youtubes and reading and my 10 gallon. Right now I am looking for my 36 gallon but planning to use these lights when I upgrade or use for a frag or growout tank. I dont want a razor being its on legs. I dont like the look plus afraid it may get in my way and dont want to hang it!

Brs said that xtra uv and wider spectrum on the razor would likely result in more color pop. They had one on a tank so it didint make sense that they didint say if i did have more pop or not. I also heard Jake adams say that cyan brings out fluorescence in golds and oranges. So I dii find a few cheaper priced alternatives with that spectrum and cyan. Which was the razor and maxspect jump. Didint seem to really pop all that much on the few youtubes but maybe a little. The light is only 230 including mount but my luck not out yet in USA! Then the zetlight 8300 has a huge spectrum, even amber and 2 reds, no green and cyan and all those other I mentioned but its been discontinued for a z8 and z8 dosnt have some of the colors and dont think it uses cree anymore since they lowered the price and took away the quartz dense matrix style lens!

Its crazy the luck I am having. I believe the colbalt c ray has that as well. I know it has a deep blue and a few whites I think cyan but its discontinued as well but found a slightly used for 400.00 or so he says anyway, I dont think it has been on the market for a short time anyway then discontinued. I believe it was made by keloray or aqua medic.

Anyway I am about to the point where I would get radions but even if I prepaid I dont know that I would be guaranteed one when shipment comes in! I am afraid the blues will be to blu and the pro dosnt have cyan! haha. I cant win!

I shouldnt have read so much and got so picky I guess! I am also afraid I may get a washed out look being I will have to turn down the radions so much because for now they are going on a 36 gallon, until I upgrade to a 120 in 6 months or so and I cant use a t5 really on a bowfront plus afraid water will get to warm since I live in Florida and dont want any fans around! Sorry so much to read! haha I got a little carried away!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back