Rennan Serrano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

My name is Rennan and i am from Brazil.

This is my first tank and it's been running for +/- 18 months. Since beginning i've done one major change on my aquascape and 4 minor adjustements on this new one.

Honestly maybe i should stop in one of these versions and just let it grow but i think i'm not the only one chasing the better resulsts.

Would like to know, from your experience and personal taste, wich one you preferred at first glance and wich one you guys think should have a better outcome in future with grow. And most important, your critiscism (please get heavy on that hehe).

In the last version i've did pinning on all my acros to be able to move them around and cut frags easier, so changing now is something simple.

Aquascape - 1.JPG

First AquaScape
Aquascape -2 V1.JPG

Second Aquascape V1
Aquascpae - 2 V2.JPG

Second Aquascape V2
Aquascape - 2 V3.jpg

Second Aquascape V3
Aquascape -2 V4.jpg

Second Aquascape V4

OP
OP
Rennan Serrano

Rennan Serrano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think each picture got progressively better, with the last picture layout being the best. I wouldn't touch a thing :)
Thanks Waters.

I still think that the left rock is too much packed. Maybe get some corals out and leave the remain grow bigger to fill it out.

Another thing that i'm doing at the momment is progessively remove my sand bed.

SPS and Sandbed are quite hard to manage when crystal clear water is an objective.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Waters.

I still think that the left rock is too much packed. Maybe get some corals out and leave the remain grow bigger to fill it out.

Another thing that i'm doing at the momment is progessively remove my sand bed.

SPS and Sandbed are quite hard to manage when crystal clear water is an objective.
I actually like that the left side is more dense and packed in......if you thin that out you have the potential of both sides being the same size and shape which would look unnatural. I also have a shallow sandbed but I cannot remove it due to egg crate being used under the rock. I don't have any issues with it blowing around though, even with strong flow from two Wav pumps.

JDtimk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Job overall! I really like the open space in V.1, but I know in my own 120 I can't leave open space because even though it looks beautiful, I can't resist filling it in for more coral real estate. So if you can keep true to that open space design that adds that great depth dimension to your layout, I say go for it.

OP
OP
Rennan Serrano

Rennan Serrano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Job overall! I really like the open space in V.1, but I know in my own 120 I can't leave open space because even though it looks beautiful, I can't resist filling it in for more coral real estate. So if you can keep true to that open space design that adds that great depth dimension to your layout, I say go for it.
Thanks JD

I still have the idea to take out the rock on the end to get that extra dimesion but i'm waiting my leather coral to grow bigger before :).

Had an imperator that was nipping way to much on him (got him off today :))

OP
OP
Rennan Serrano

Rennan Serrano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually like that the left side is more dense and packed in......if you thin that out you have the potential of both sides being the same size and shape which would look unnatural. I also have a shallow sandbed but I cannot remove it due to egg crate being used under the rock. I don't have any issues with it blowing around though, even with strong flow from two Wav pumps.
Thats a really nice idea (place eggcrates under the rock). I'll might do it at the end of the process to remove sand and them just add enough sand (not to fin) to cover it out.

Thanks for the idea.

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

My name is Rennan and i am from Brazil.

This is my first tank and it's been running for +/- 18 months. Since beginning i've done one major change on my aquascape and 4 minor adjustements on this new one.

Honestly maybe i should stop in one of these versions and just let it grow but i think i'm not the only one chasing the better resulsts.

Would like to know, from your experience and personal taste, wich one you preferred at first glance and wich one you guys think should have a better outcome in future with grow. And most important, your critiscism (please get heavy on that hehe).

In the last version i've did pinning on all my acros to be able to move them around and cut frags easier, so changing now is something simple.

Aquascape - 1.JPG

First AquaScape
Aquascape -2 V1.JPG

Second Aquascape V1
Aquascpae - 2 V2.JPG

Second Aquascape V2
Aquascape - 2 V3.jpg

Second Aquascape V3
Aquascape -2 V4.jpg

Second Aquascape V4
That's so Gorgeous

OP
OP
Rennan Serrano

Rennan Serrano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Guys,

As stated, here is the V5. Now is just a matter of time (and more corals) to have a full grown & balanced aquascape.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-08 at 18.56.07.jpeg

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all great aquascapes but I think V5 is the best; nice and open.

Just out of curiosity what type of lights are you using?

OP
OP
Rennan Serrano

Rennan Serrano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all great aquascapes but I think V5 is the best; nice and open.

Just out of curiosity what type of lights are you using?
6x T5 ATI BULBS (2x coral plus, 2x purple plus and 2x blue plus - 3 on each side) + 2 RADION xr30w G4 pro running AB+ SPS Program.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back