OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I’m thinking of doing depending on what the tongue and groove looks like is covering the wood veneer frame on the tank with contact paper. I could do black, but metallic would look cool. I haven’t decided. This is eventually going to have a canopy that opens in the front but also hinges all the way up for maintenance.

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The damsel mysteriously ended up in the big tank! I was so upset thinking I might have buried her while moving sand. She is happily swimming around having had no acclimation period. My clown fish pair and coral beauty are exploring their new digs as well. It was clear enough this morning that I did a little scaping before it was too cloudy to see again (lots of sand landed on the rocks) We got home from an impromptu trip this evening and it’s clear again. I want to move one rock in particular in the morning. I tried to get pictures, but my blue night lights are on and every picture I took just looked like a glowing blue box. I need to reset the timer so the lights come on and off at normal times again. I’ll try to remember to take a picture with the daylights before I move anything around again.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! My firefish did the same thing...thought she was dead and she was hiding in one of the rocks!!

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The round tunnel rock has been moved to behind the pile it’s on to make an arch. I may put a rock underneath to boost it up higher
DA832D51-9DED-4E30-9D28-6BA8AF29244A.jpeg

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s coming along great. I have some GSP ordered and will probably end up with some xenia. I managed to kill both of those things while I was injured. Hopefully they’ll like the new tank better and fill in some of this open rock.
85502CA6-629F-46B6-8693-D1CC0526D0DF.jpeg

And I am finally getting my dream fish! I’ve wanted a Foxface since I got in the hobby but didn’t feel my tank was adequate. Not even if I played musical fishtanks and switched the fish out of my 75 fw into the 60. I missed out on getting a Foxface last weekend because the seller ended up going out of town after I arranged to have my sister-in-law go pick one up from him in Idaho Falls while she was there.

I’m not sure how I’ll like the Kole tang. I’ve never seen one in person, but it sounds like a better option than a hippo right now and I had to get my total up for free shipping. I also added a Columbian Shark (catfish) because my husband inevitably will want a shark eventually. Lol. They are brackish as juveniles, but move to and require full saltwater as adults so we’ll try this out. Supposedly they can be acclimated to salt in a matter of hours.

4B79F5B2-52E1-4686-81C1-BA1640F98723.jpeg

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My refugium light came yesterday. Lots of life in there! I got my GSP in the mail this morning and the seller sent chaeto with it.
C3B3CCEE-2F8D-46F7-937A-F430BB017DCB.jpeg
010B14CC-25E1-47F6-B728-D7C07A58AE11.jpeg

And well...Price dropped a lot on the Flame Angel. I couldn’t resist and called LA to ask if they could add one to my order that will be going out Monday. I got some conflicting opinions on whether it would terrorize my Coral Beauty. I think it will be alright. My Coral is fairly large. The Flame I ordered will be 1-1.75” I have plans to put a divider on the left side of my tank where the Flame will have 6x18x22” of space when first introduced and I can see how aggressive it acts toward the Coral. The Coral has claimed the cave right above those fake purple feather dusters, so I’m hoping the Flame will stake its claim to the other side of the tank.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the email that fish are on their way for delivery by end of day tomorrow *happy dance*

Sweet! BTW, the aquascape in your refugium is nicer than some displays! Great job.

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! BTW, the aquascape in your refugium is nicer than some displays! Great job.

Thanks! I really like that mushroom shaped rock, it just didn’t fit in anywhere on my display scape. And the grey one is a Utah lacerock I found while camping after my dad’s funeral.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back