OP
KittieKatt

KittieKatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo tonight I officially did the first work on my reef pi monitoring system... Ordered it Friday!! should ship out Monday!!! So I went ahead and got a few dosing pumps. I made a mounting bar for up to 12 and mounted my 4 testing pumps.. If these go well will add more later on down the road..

2022-01-30.jpg
2022-01-30 (1).jpg

2022-01-30 (3).jpg

OP
OP
KittieKatt

KittieKatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on making the 8 foot long bar that goes down the side of the tank!! =D Hoping to have it painted tomorrow to do the clear coat sat and then epoxy resin top surface next thurs!!! =D

2022-02-03.jpg

OP
OP
KittieKatt

KittieKatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am excited!! I have my reef pi up and running!!! I have 5 dosers connected.. a string of black light leds to light up the bar we are building!! 2 temp sensors one for the main tank one for the sump.. as well as a ph sensor!! =D

There was a little bit of a learning curve to this!! but Rob with Robo-Tank was super nice and helpful!!! I think I answered half my questions 2 min after I emailed him but he was still super nice and took the time to answer the next question that came! lol

So I have mounted the dosers to a bit of plywood and mounted this to a shelf in the inside of my stand.. I ran 10 foot wires from the controller to the pumps. I will definitely not need this full amount, but better to cut off 2 feet than be 2 inches short!! lol

Today we are starting to build the cabinet for the controller that will mount on the stand under the bar near the wall!! Hopefully if we can get that built we can get the epoxy started for the bar as well so that we can mount that in a couple days once that is cured!! =D

Here is a pic where I was configuring and setting things up at my desk. The 5th doser was not in yet at that point but is installed and works great now!!

2022-02-07 (2).jpg

OP
OP
KittieKatt

KittieKatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we poured the epoxy for the bar!!! The bar is 8 feet long to match the stand!! am soooo excited to see it on the tank!!! =D looks like marble in normal light almost!!! but used blue black light/glow in the dark color as well!!! so it will glow with the led black light strip we are going to mount just over the bar to make it glow!!!!

2022-02-10 (1).jpg

2022-02-10.jpg

2022-02-10 (2).jpg

OP
OP
KittieKatt

KittieKatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally got the bar mounted to the tank stand the other day!! sooo LOVE it!!!! Looking for some nice barstools now!! =D

2022-02-13 (3).jpg

OP
OP
KittieKatt

KittieKatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We made the cabinet for our reef pi and got it mounted with the wires run!! as of now it is monitoring the temp in the main tank and the sump as well as the pH. =D I have 5 dosing pumps wired in.. Will be adding #6 soon. I am also going to work on adding a few other sensors to this as well!! =D

2022-02-12 (1).jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back