125 Gallon Build ‘Ternion’

ReeferSteve

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
372
Reaction score
647
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we go. My build thread for a 125 gallon mixed reef I’m calling ‘ternion’

With many things in life I tend to set a certain number of goals on what it is I want to achieve and I apply that to my reefing hobby as well. I know exactly what I want this reef to be and I know exactly how I want it to look and function.

Equipment:
125 gallon tank drilled with dual corner overflows
50 gallon sump with refugium
Reef octopus regal 250 skimmer
Reef octopus VarioS-6 return pump
6 bulb ATI sunpower T5 (I will probably add a strip or two of LED)
EcoTech MP40 powerheads (2)
Icecap K4 powerheads (2)
Hydros WaveEngine controller
Hydros controller 4
Heaters? -Undecided-


The tank will be bare bottom and I will stock lightly as I usually do with my setups. All fish will be less than a couple inches in length and it will feature some pretty cool “nano” fish.

I’m still waiting on some stuff to arrive/I’m shopping for the best prices.

I’m excited about this setup and it’s going to be a fun one to build!

I should have some pictures up this weekend so stay tuned!
 
Yes pictures are always good. And taking it slow is a good thing, happy reefing and good luck!
 
Got home to these waiting on me. Super pumped to put them to use and they look amazing! Thanks @Megan Smith
3CB49378-6CAE-415D-A470-D71C14AAA090.jpeg
 
Weekend pictures as promised.

Just not exactly what I had in mind...

I had the tank in the garage as I build the stand and acquired the last few pieces of equipment before starting the cycle and my wife decided she would park a little too close to it. I’m pretty devastated at this point. I got the aquarium at a deal I know I’ll never find again so this is really leaving me to question if I want to continue or not.

F67E1A57-11E1-437E-9BEF-EACB73A42FF8.jpeg
 
Weekend pictures as promised.

Just not exactly what I had in mind...

I had the tank in the garage as I build the stand and acquired the last few pieces of equipment before starting the cycle and my wife decided she would park a little too close to it. I’m pretty devastated at this point. I got the aquarium at a deal I know I’ll never find again so this is really leaving me to question if I want to continue or not.

F67E1A57-11E1-437E-9BEF-EACB73A42FF8.jpeg
Omg no
 
Got a few goodies the last few days. My sump baffles arrived and I also picked up a box of bio sphere for the fuge. I came across a great deal on two XF350’s so I jumped on them instead of going with the 4K pumps
BEE7C167-776F-4285-93F6-7C057AA01589.jpeg
709861AA-1EED-46ED-8BA2-75EE606A8689.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new