125 stock list

William Chiavetta

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2024
Messages
760
Reaction score
807
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im restarting my tank that I abandoned about a year ago. 125 gallons and I'm planning to add coral in the future idk when tho. There are some questions and i need to know if there are any problems here. this is my stock list:

Powder blue tang (I know they are prone to ich and I am taking special precautions to be in a better position)
Blue hippo tang
Ocellaris clown
Some black and white clownfish
Red serpent sea star x4
Foxface
Dwarf golden moray eel (when the tank is a year old) (I know shrimp will be at risk but I will hope and pray)
Mandarin fish (I know they are difficult and I’m planning to put it in at 10 months)
Diamond goby
Starry blenny
Melanurus wrasse
Nassarius snails x8
Nerite snails x5
Banded trochus snail x3
Collonista snail x6
Lettuce nudibranch (I’m not sure about this but I really want it. Is there any way this would be possible?)
Blood Shrimp x2
Some sort of urchin x2 (What species should i get? I don't want tuxedo)
 
Last edited:
I like tuxedo urchins.
Blood shrimp are showy and productive. Mine lived for 4 years.
You can get mandarins that accept mysis
 
I would introduce the tangs at the same time to try and limit aggression there. Also make sure that you have a tight-fitting lid, potentially with clamps. Morays are renowned escape artists, and diamond gobies are known to be jumpy.
Unsure if you’re trying to keep your ocellaris with one or two of the black and white clowns. If there are three clowns, the oddball might get picked on.
 
I would introduce the tangs at the same time to try and limit aggression there. Also make sure that you have a tight-fitting lid, potentially with clamps. Morays are renowned escape artists, and diamond gobies are known to be jumpy.
Unsure if you’re trying to keep your ocellaris with one or two of the black and white clowns. If there are three clowns, the oddball might get picked on.
Thank you for this advice!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new