125g stocking ideas

saltynewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I’m starting the research aspect of the hobby. I will be acquiring 125g rr tank and I’m trying to figure out a good stocking list. This will be a fowlr tank to start with then heading toward a reef tank.my stocking list so far is as follows.
1 one spot fox face
1 bristletooth tang
1 or a pair of oscellaris clown fish
Royal gamma group(possibly)
1 orange spotted blenny.

would also be open to a good schooling fish along with possibly another decent fish.
I am open to any ideas.

Thank you

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I’m starting the research aspect of the hobby. I will be acquiring 125g rr tank and I’m trying to figure out a good stocking list. This will be a fowlr tank to start with then heading toward a reef tank.my stocking list so far is as follows.
1 one spot fox face
1 bristletooth tang
1 or a pair of oscellaris clown fish
Royal gamma group(possibly)
1 orange spotted blenny.

would also be open to a good schooling fish along with possibly another decent fish.
I am open to any ideas.

Thank you

You should get what you like. If you have canopy or lid on your tank, I'd recommend red firefish/dartfish

This is helpful:

OP
OP
S

saltynewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im leaning towards more of a peaceful community tank, but would love to have a lot of personality in the tank. The fox face is the must have. Wouldn’t mind having a few decent sized fish and some schooling/ Shia king fish.

OP
OP
S

saltynewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at possibly a powder blue tang with the foxface. After that I’m at a loss, my wife really wants a pair of clowns with a bta. So now I’m not sure what other smaller fish can be housed with a bta. I would also would like an urchin. Would love a splash of red in the tank. My prior thought of a reef tank may be nixed with a bta. Still in research mode, so any suggestions are welcome.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really know all the details of the fish you’re considering, but yeah I think your best shot at getting a splash of red would either be a Flame Angel (you could even do a pair or trio) or a Flame Hawkfish. There are also some red fairy wrasses.

fishfish2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you cant keep royal grammas in a group or else they will fight.
if you want a good schooling fish you should get lyretail anthia

fishfish2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really know all the details of the fish you’re considering, but yeah I think your best shot at getting a splash of red would either be a Flame Angel (you could even do a pair or trio) or a Flame Hawkfish. There are also some red fairy wrasses.
id go with the flame hawkfish. the flame angel will be fine in the fowlr but if you turn it into a reef tank the flame angel most likely wont work.

JaaxReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for Fairy Wrasses. Red, Pink, Blue, Green, you name a color and there is a fairy wrasse that fits the bill. You can also keep multiples in a tank that size. I have 4 in a 120 with no aggression issues, but you would want to plan out which ones are generally least territorial and add those first.

Back