13.5 Evo Build

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone, Welcome to my build thread.

The tank was set up on June 13th and these pictures were taken about a week in. I am not too happy with the auquascaping but decided to stop messing with it and leave it as it. It is difficult trying to make the aesthetics work from both sides.
CB5971D6-1B6F-4F21-ACBA-C71C5140B876.jpeg
98F5A5F9-DBC5-4BF6-A1FB-BC2897C3C6DB.jpeg

Here is a photo of most of my supplies and equipment. I have since added a few things like Coral RX and a few others.
3E4C46FB-3581-474A-B526-9509ED81FC46.jpeg

A few days ago I completed the build on a custom media basket. For anyone who is familiar with the flow issues on this tank, I cut out a window of plastic from a Q-tip box and added it to the side of the rack where there holes are between slot 1 and slot 2 so that I could redirect the flow to push through my basket. I also bought a grow light that sits nicely behind the back where I will grow Macro in the second area.
0E6EFCAF-B45B-4CFF-BA7A-39D3FAAAEF55.jpeg

I ordered some pods from Algae Barn so I plan on seeding the tank and working on getting my eco base well established. I am planning on focusing mainly on coral. I want to take it slow and make sure I am stabilized before I add a lot of things. I did however, win a Blasto from my local reef club giveaway so that will be my first coral.

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
R

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What grow light did you get if you dont mind me asking?

I'm just starting to think and research about refugium and growing macro. It will be some sort of HOB.
I purchased this:

I really liked the look and price point of this one however it’s probably way more than I need for a refugium mod like this. I actually really like it though and It can be used for other things if a tiny LED comes along. I feel that this box would be good hanging over a Normal dedicated fuge.

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this:

I really liked the look and price point of this one however it’s probably way more than I need for a refugium mod like this. I actually really like it though and It can be used for other things if a tiny LED comes along. I feel that this box would be good hanging over a Normal dedicated fuge.

Aquaclear HOB mod?

OP
OP
R

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaclear HOB mod?
No, I’m not familiar with the auquaclear HOB as im using the built in chambers in my evo for my mods. If your working with a HOB, I would get something more compact and fits the dimensions of your HOB, The measurements are usually listed on the products when shopping around.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back