14 years ago

TerraCaelus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
221
Reaction score
303
Location
Bay Area,California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone remembers what happened 14 years ago. I was 11 years old. Just old enough to understand what had happened and what it had meant. But, I was also facing another hardship. My mother was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer the day after the towers fell. She became very thin, lost all her hair, went through a divorce and we lost our home during this time. And then she won. She beat cancer and has been in remission ever since. I am so thankful for her. Her strength guides me and inspires me. Every year I try to get her something to tell her I love her and I am so happy she is still here. This year I made her this little picture inspired by her favorite Disney movie. 11995514_10206913209524335_514060325_n.jpg
 
Thanks you guys! She is an incredibly strong woman. After she finished her treatment, she went back to school, got her nursing degree and got a job in the oncology department. There is nothing that will slow her down.
 
Wow, your mom is a very strong women! Also that is a very lovely picture you made her. Its really good!
 
Both of you are very strong. One person doesn't get cancer, the whole family does. Thanks for sharing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new