OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me TOO!! It seems like forever to get everything in order. Got more done on stand, got 90 moved so I can get floor finished, and got more done on the scape. I am leaning to a waterfall type return on the tank with the rock structure next to the overflow. First peninsula so I am trying to figure that out. I think I will need the tank to finish it up. Trying to have plenty open space with islands and structures.

guitarvp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like things are coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing that tank and stand setup. What are you using to bond your dry rock together?

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the marco rock cement on the rock. It seems to be holding pretty good. The 2 structures I have built are holding and I have been putting pressure on them daily. Both are set on a main rock to hold the others. I will post updated pics of them to show. I haven't used any rods or anything else on them.

marciomrqz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so an update is in order. Good progress on floor and started on scape. Dismiss the rock under the shelf. That is just holding in place for now. Hopefully the cement works the first go around. LOL
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0733.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG
Absolutely love the small rock trim around the tile!!!

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well floor is now finished. Been working a lot so progress hasn't been as should but getting there. Still need a little clean up but you get the idea. The hardwood with tile over it will be worked on after tank is done. LOL. Priorities ya know.
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard they were quiet and worked well, that's why I went with it. I think it is a good thing they sent the 220 instead of the 200. I checked and apparently they were ok with sending the 220 instead of the 200 since I never heard anything.

guitarvp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet stand. My build in my forever house will definitely include a metal stand.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I skipped the gussets since I used 2"x2"x 1/4" tubing. I don't think the stand is going anywhere. 40" tall and will have adjustable feet. My friend worked with me almost four hours to help welding. He wanted to try his new helmet out.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well bar is back up and kitchen dining room are almost back to normal. Heading to take the stand for powder coat. I decided to go with powder rated for fully submersible conditions. They use it on parts for dams. It is gray in color but it will most likely be skinned in the end anyway.
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well spoke with Felix today, and tank wont be here until December. They got behind with the tank giveaway so it is not a big deal at all. I will start my other stuff tomorrow hopefully so will have everything ready. Auto water change pump will be here tomorrow so will try and get started on that.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. Will document the whole journey and have many pics. I would rather post a little at a time rather than cram everything into a few days. Plan to start the plumbing for filling ATO container and the auto water change as soon as get PVC pipe. It will run into attic from tank to mixing station. Plan is to use 2 65 or close containers, one salt the other fresh and be a no touch ATO fill and no touch water change. If goes as planned I will only have to mix salt with water. Got the stenner in today. Break in period of 30 minutes check. Will now run vinegar through pump to make sure clean, then to be sure both heads dose same amounts.
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. Will document the whole journey and have many pics. I would rather post a little at a time rather than cram everything into a few days. Plan to start the plumbing for filling ATO container and the auto water change as soon as get PVC pipe. It will run into attic from tank to mixing station. Plan is to use 2 65 or close containers, one salt the other fresh and be a no touch ATO fill and no touch water change. If goes as planned I will only have to mix salt with water. Got the stenner in today. Break in period of 30 minutes check. Will now run vinegar through pump to make sure clean, then to be sure both heads dose same amounts.
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG

Just curious as to why you chose these pumps for your ATO?

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pump is for auto water change. I will run a seperate pump to fill the ATO reservoir. I have a few pumps laying around i will use for that. I am just running all the tubing and apex cable through a PVC pipe in the attic.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back