140 shallow reef build

WELL it is here. Will be posting up some pics soon. Part of the delay was my part. I had almost decided to get out of the hobby. I had planned a 24" tall tank with the same 84" 24" as this one. I called to cancel my order and they had already started on my glass cutting, but stopped right away. After talking for a while with Felix this tank was born. So that put us out a little while, and they built 2 tanks for saint judes this year instead of one. If I had it to do all over again I would wait for the tank. Their work is so much better than others and they actually care. I have spent hours on the phone talking about this tank during the process.
 
20160518_190502.jpg
20160518_190514.jpg
20160518_190550.jpg
20160518_190614.jpg
20160518_190634.jpg
20160518_190644.jpg
20160518_190649.jpg
20160518_190656.jpg
 
A fork got close to hitting it a few times. It is now set up on the stand. Will be starting with plumbing early next week hopefully. More pics to come.
 
I am waiting on a 125. When did you order? I am only two weeks away from 1 year since I sent in the deposit. From a few others that I am keeping up with, the turn around time is now about 14 months. So, hopefully mine will be coming soon.

I like the dimensions of your tank. It's going to be sweet, that's for sure. I will be following along.
 
Love shallow reefs. Next one i build will be shallow. Great build and great project following this one up.
 
Thanks . I would say you will receive tank soon. I am so impressed with the tank. They build a beautiful tank. Hopefully things will move along faster now, but I am not rushing this build. Rocks are still curing, a little phosphate in the shelf rock. The pukani seems ok. The sump silicone has some brown substance on it though. I used GE 1 silicone as I thought it to be safe. Wish I would have used something different now.
 
Total shipping weight with crate was 622. The tank is probably around 4 of 450. 4 guys with cups was kind heavy but not terrible.
 
After some searching it seems the silicone turns brownish or yellow but doesn't cause any problems. It cured for a few weeks before water so I think it will be ok. Still have yet to find ammonia local so may go Dr tim or shrimp route. I already have nitrate so I think it may be already on the way.
 
Oo sexy build
 
Yes im hoping the plumbing parts will be here tomorrow but im thinking Wednesday. I have most but waiting on sweeps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new