15 month progress on bleached coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,345
Reaction score
1,616
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 months ago we moved. I had a beautiful chili pepper montipora that was gigantic - probably 12 to 15 inches across at the largest point and had grown across multiple rocks. When I moved, the big piece (after I pulled the rocks apart) was still very large and I couldn’t keep it submerged for transport. It was probably out of water for 30 to 45 minutes but it bleached and died very quickly. There was life around edges though!

So here is a before and after 15 months.

IMG_8849.png
IMG_8845.jpeg
 
Glad to see it is recovering!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new