Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my 92 corner tank that I had for almost 7 yrs

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47255-corner-tank-2.jpg

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47254-corner-tank.jpg

After Poking and prodding from friends and fellow enthusiasts I finally bit the bullet and decided to upgrade. I liked the place I had my old tank and I decided to stay within that space and decided on a marineland 150DD

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47267-tank.jpg

I wanted a stand to resemble furniture in the room so I decided to build a stand and then after priming and making small tweaks I sent it out to get skinned.

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47268-stand.jpg

in place with tank on it so I could measure and fit plumbing while it was sent out.

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47266-tank.jpg

This is what I requested and got back...

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47265-004.JPG

Then I had to sand prep stain and urethane after testing multiple shades this is the finished product

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47264-stand-stain.jpg

More to come.....

OP
OP
epstein

epstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Old tank had everything crammed underneath it. I had a custom "L' shaped sump a deletec skimmer Geo Calcium reactor and co2 bottle as well as a 2 little fishes reactor running carbon. Soooooo I convinced the wife to let me drill holes in our hardwood floors and plumb everything to the basement. I now have a 100 gal rubbermaid with a pan world pump running everything . I built a manifold for to supply water to my skimmer (new Reef Octopuss on the way) my Calcium reactor(when needed) and two little fishes (when needed) as well as having the ability to expand if need be. Each component has its own dedicated ball valve so I can regulate flow and not affect anything but that devise.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/members/epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47263-plumbing.html

I then sold my ACjr controller and purchased the New Apex Controller. This was a must cause we travel alot and monitoring the tank is a must. I have an expansion box enroute and will be utilizing waterbugs to alert me if a problem arises. The ability to monitor and control my tank from my iphone or any computer is priceless. I also ran a new dedicated outlet to feed my Power needs to the energy bars.

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47262-apex.jpg

OP
OP
epstein

epstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picture showing manifold..... You will see the skimmer is running with nothing else attached and no leaks!.....BTW when new skimmer gets here Im going in sump and will modify manifold to run along edge of sump.

epstein-albums-150-dd-build-picture47256-029.jpg

OP
OP
epstein

epstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so After several weeks I determined that the moisture was a lil high in my man cave portion of the basement and being my boiler is right there as well I decided to WAIT till wifey went on a vacation ..... and ripped down and built a wall.... first to utilize one of the windows in what will now be a fish room..(utilizing a de humidifier and fan when needed) as well as protecting my boiler and providing a hiding place I mean a location for a QT tank and Frag tank when the time is right....

before....
picture.php

during....

picture.php

almost there only had one day to complete!!!

picture.php

After!!! just need taping and paint!

picture.php

OP
OP
epstein

epstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys.....

On to the Basement......

100 Gal rubber maid ....roughly 125 lbs rock..... Pan world external pump with 31' head....

Decided on a new skimmer and went with a Reef Octopuss....

The plumbing I decided a mix of Spa Flex and reg PVC.... and decided to build a manifoLd so that I can run peripherals off the main pump if needed (like when I bring my calcium reactor online.) I then sold my ac jr and upgraded for the Full Blown Apex system, so I can monitor and change things while I am away from my tank. A Must have for anyone who works lots of hours and or travels! I also ran new power to my fuse block for dedicated access and a jump to my generator transfer switch as well. The last of the goodies for the basement was the incorporation of wireless Ip cameras ...In case the apex sends an alarm I can see whats going on and make adjustments...Heres pics

picture.php

picture.php

The barrels are for water making and water mixing.
picture.php

picture.php

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want a fish room!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back