150 gallon Marineland

AlabamaClownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone's thoughts on putting a 150 gallon Marineland tank, stand, and canopy in a double-wide? I am in the construction business so I understand that aspect, which leads me to believe then that 6 foot spread over the floor joist should be fine. Right now I have a 5 foot 100 gallon in a double-wide and it has been fine for over two years.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered calling the manufacture?

Bama-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awh I'd just do a lil math on it waters around 7lbs a gallon so 150 water only would put u at about half a ton. I would say when u subtract the water from rock and sand and add the extra weight of those you gain a lil but at half a ton 50lbs extra is the deal breaker. If you go to adding sumps and pumps and equipment that adds to it.I'd say it would depend on the floor joist manufactured homes are kinda skimped on. But a lot of Ople dnt have a clue what just a 2x4 with a 16 in each end will hold personally I would prob go under with a old scrap 2x10 or 12 in approximate location and brace it up with some 4x4 just so I slept better at night. Do you know if it has the wrapped insulation underneath so you can't even see your joists

OP
OP
AlabamaClownfish

AlabamaClownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Ended up making a fish/coral room out of my shop. 30'x60' gives plenty of room. Makes sense to utilize it for coral and clown broodstock/growout.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back