150 gallon stocking list

acepilot121

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am new to R2R. I am looking at getting a 150 gallon setup soon and was hoping to get some suggestions on my stocking wish list.

Wish List:
1. Volitan Lionfish
2. Dog Face Puffer
3. Blue Throat Trigger
4. Zebra Moray Eel

Let me know what you all think! Thanks!
 
Those are all really big fish right at the edge of a 150g, I would be happy with just those fish and it would be a really cool tank. I like lightly stocked tanks, you could start with that, as all these fish should get along swimmingly. If it looks empty to you, you may consider something like a foxface or a small tang like a scopas.
 
@lion king Firstly, I wanted to say thanks for your feedback! Secondly, I have an opportunity to get an oceanic 144 half-cylinder, instead of a regular 150, and was wonder what you thought of my stocking list in there instead? Thanks for all your help!
 
Your stock list may still hold true. The fish on your list really aren't horizontal swimmers. Consider the swimming habits of your choices with the dimension ofv he tank and your rockscape. Another tip, try and get a small zebra, while not known to be lion killers or fish killers, a really large one straight from the ocean can be unpredictable.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new