OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well today i added a tomato clownfish the lfs had the biggest clownfish ive ever seen and i attempted to buy it but a guy who came in moments before i did already paid for it so i settled on this one lol

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading into month two on my tank still only have the tomato clown and coral beauty plan to add another tomato clown and some crabs and snails in the next week

20190907_115333.jpg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i visited my lfs today and they had a one spot foxface rabbit fish so i decided to add it and also 2 more turbo snails tank is coming along not going to add anymore fish for 2 months the next purchases i make will be a a few corals and some crabs and 2-3 shrimp in the next month

20190914_155933.jpg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for an update: i added a lyretail anthia yesterday from the lfs its a female and shes already eating really well and marinefishez has 2 pyramid butterfly fish that hes going to be picking up from the supplier he sent me a photo this morning and said he would get 2 real nice ones for me and i will be picking them up from him next week as he allows local pickup if you are in atlanta. He holds the fish for a week after picking them up to make sure they arent sick etc.

after i add these 2 butterfly fish i wont be adding anymore fish for a long while and will focus on corals and inverts over the next month or two i currently have a tomato clownfish a coral beauty a one spot foxface and a lyretail anthia

pyramid butterfly.jpeg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i finally the pyramid butterfly fish today from marinefishez they are in excellent health and are already eating and swimming in the open

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing some maintenence today as of now I have a tomato clownfish a one spot foxface rabbit fish a Coral beauty angel fish a lyretail anthias and two Pyramid butterfly fish I want to focus on inverts and corals over the next 2 months

b5c20108e05d143c053f548f7765320d.jpg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Last friday my tank came down with marine velvet wiped out all my fish but 2, the tomato clown and 1 pyramid butterfly the rest died from velvet. it came in on one of the skunk cleaner shrimp and some snails i added a few days before.

Very angry with myself my tank was going great but i guess sometimes this happens in this hobby so my tank is going fallow for 76 days or so to be sure its gone starting last sunday 11/09/2019

Before the velvet hit my tank i also had an issue with dinos but ive had my tank blacked out most of the day since sunday and the dinos seemed to have died off also dosing with microbacter 7 now i see a few rocks have a couple patches of hair algae so im moving in the right direction.

i will update this thread again after my fallow period when i start to add live stock again.

That is the last time i buy live stock online without going through QT for 2 cleaner shrimp and some snails i lost most of my fish i definitely learned my lesson.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had 2x tomato clownfish 2x carberryi anthias 1x rabbit fish and 1x coral beauty in QT for the last week in a 55G ive been dosing metroplex every other day i plan to do this for 10 days and i gave the first dose of prazipro yesterday will dose this again in 7 days all the fish are eating well and look rather healthy my plan is to add them to my DT after my fallow period over the course of 2 weeks will post pictures of my fish in QT tomorrow

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ive added most of the fish in my QT into the display tank except the rabbitfish i will add him later this evening when the lights go out and 1 carberryi anthias didnt make it through QT

This has been a big learning experience dealing with marine velvet i hope i never have to deal with that again now the dinos have come back somewhat and i have hair algae in a few spots but i would much rather deal with algae then marine velvet anyday

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havent updated my post in a while but my tank is doing great all fish are alive and doing really well after marine velvet wiped out the fish i have stocked currently 2x tomato clownfish 1x carberryi anthias 1x female squarespot anthias 1x one spot fox face 1x yellow tang 1x hippo tang 1x coral beauty

started running UV on wednesday to take care of a dinos issue ive been trying to get rid of for months will update soon with results also tomorrow i am upgrading the very loud return pump with a dc pump will upload video tomorrow

I need some help deciding what corals i should get for my aquascape anyone can comment and help me decide i also plan to get an anemone in the coming weeks and more snails i dont have nearly enough snails for my size tank

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest Addition Got a BTA and a GSP colony and i have another square spot anthias and a female japanese swallowtail angelfish in QT

20200215_092809.jpg 20200215_092816.jpg 20200215_101805.jpg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my tomato clowns started hosting my anemone sunday only took 24 hours that was really fast my current stock list is below i plan to get more corals next weekend just not sure what i want yet

Current Stock List
1x Yellow Tang
1x Hippo Tang
1x One Spot Foxface
2x tomato clownfish
1x Coral beauty
1x Carberryi anthias
1x Squarespot anthias

Fish in QT
1x Female Japanese swallowtail Angelfish
1x Female Squarespot Anthias

Inverts
2 tiger conches
various turbo snails astraea snails and nassarius snails
Green Bubble Tip Anemone
2x cleaner shrimp

Corals
GSP Colony

20200217_160236.jpg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated My build thread in a few months everything is going well coming up on 1 year since i started this build battling a little cyano at the moment but its not too horrible

Had a disaster in my QT tank last week had 4 fish die on me 1 very large and beautiful naso tang 1 chocolate tang 1 lyretail anthias and 1 fairy wrasse i made the mistake of mixing fish from different sources in 1 QT and the chocolate tang had some sort of bacterial infection they died one by one had to sterilize the QT and start it over but at least they didn't make it to my DT with whatever they had

I switched from leds back to an 'old school' metal halide/t5 fixture i wasnt satisfied with the spread of my blackbox leds and i got the MH fixture for next to nothing made the switch little over a month ago

Current Stock List
1x Yellow Tang
1x Hippo Tang
1x One Spot Foxface
2x tomato clownfish
1x Coral beauty
0x Carberryi anthias - She crawled under a rock one day back in march and came out 3 days later disoriented and didn't want to eat 2 weeks later she went into her cave and never came back out not sure what happened to her
2 x Squarespot anthias
1x Sailfin Tang
1x swallowtail Angelfish

Inverts
2 tiger conches
various turbo snails astraea snails and nassarius snails
Green Bubble Tip Anemone
Rose Bubble Tip Anemone
2x cleaner shrimp

Clams
1x Large Squamosa Clam

Corals
large gsp colony
Meat Coral
zoanthids
brain coral
aussie elegance coral
large marble hammer coral
acan rock

IMG_20200618_183213.jpg

IMG_20200623_112130.jpg IMG_20200623_112139.jpg IMG_20200623_112200.jpg IMG_20200623_112228.jpg IMG_20200619_132853.jpg IMG_20200615_135731.jpg

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! And you are braver than I. I am scared to add anything to my tank. Very little in my 140.

Keep updating.

Shelley

Bob Wiley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen those Pyramid Butterflies before. They're really cool! Did the one that survived your crash not make it through QT? Sorry about your crash, that sucks. But it's good to see the tank come back. Your rock is really coming alive now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back