15G Frag Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter mlove
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Although I believe the filtration is fine using the Penguin BIOwheel 350 (chemical, mechanical, and bio filtration) and chaeto bags, I will be adding some liverock mainly for the coraline algae it will contribute. There is very little source of nutrients in the tank and thus really very little need for added filtration. I have considered (and probably will) starting to use some extra carbon in media bags, but I really think that with some competition from the coraline, the algae problem will be nonexistent. The algae started heavy like with most tanks, has died off to a considerably smaller amount, and continues to do so every day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new