175 watt MH Bulb Choices

  • Thread starter Thread starter E.intheC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

E.intheC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
399
Reaction score
160
Location
Long Island NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up an aquactinics MH and T5 combo fixture for my 60 cube mixed reef, and would like to pick up some new bulbs. I've used 150 and 250 watt bulbs before but never the 175s.

For the T5s im going to use an ATI blue+ and purple+. For the halide, right now I like a crisp white look with a good amount of blue, but I don't want to wash out colors. PAR is important but I have an LPS dominate tank so I don't need to blast the tank with light.

The MH bulb is a mogul (SE) version. Has anyone used the Aquamaxx 14kk? What about the Reeflux 12kk or the Phoenix 14kk? (Specifically the 175watt versions).

Thanks.
 
I use the xm 15k. Great color. I have lps and sps. I have . been very pleased with them. I use to use ushio
 
Last edited:
you should really look into the evc 15k bulbs. i think reefscience sells them. they have great par and color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new