175g Peninsula set up - Flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo662
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
4,943
Reaction score
2,168
Location
Austin, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the planning stages of doing a 6ft peninsula style tank. I've got two MP40's from my previous set up. Was planning to put both on one side of the overflow box to create a clockwise flow around the tank...the overflow is located on the end of the tank. Do you think this will be sufficient? If not, the tank has two returns so one thought was to run pvc up into the canopy and across to the end of the tank and put a nozzle point back toward the overflow.
 
The plan is to have plenty of swimming room the full length of the tank on both sides.

I figured I'd play around with the MP40s and place one on either side low to see how that affects everything. Seems like this would be best for nutrient removal.
 
I have a 200 8' peninsula i am running 2 rw15's on overflow end and put an xf150 gyre on other end and have plenty of flow. Pic shows the viewable end not to intrusive
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 292
Oooooh, now I like that idea. That would eliminate the need to run the plumbing to the end and give me the opportunity to buy another toy!!!!!! :-)

do you have a build thread? would love to see more pics.
 
On my 190 peninsula, I used tunze 6125 blows toward overflow box, other end flow back by tunze wave box 6215 (w/out box) in pulsing mode, plus a mag 18 returns water through 3/4" pvc bar along the back side...
I can see plenty of intermittent turbulent flow, I can crank up more with a tunze wave box if needed...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new