18" t5 bulb replacement?

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an odyssey t5 fixture laying around I was thinking about using to throw together a nano reef. I was curious If anyone knows of a good quality bulb available in 18" or 18w? ATI and Gieeseman only go as small as 24" or 24w so I'm not sure what my other quality options would be..?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralife only I believe. You can get the odyssea on ebay

OP
OP
Mandrew

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's a new question. Would I be better off to use coralife bulbs in that fixture, or but a cheap grow lamp with individual reflectors and use ATI bulbs in it?

OP
OP
Mandrew

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or even go with a new odyssey fixture but the 24" bulb model so I can buy the better bulbs. If I'm not mistaken I think the odyssey fixtures do not have individual reflectors?

OP
OP
Mandrew

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap grow light with ati bulbs.

I was thinking about a sunblaze 24" 4 bulb fixture. Would that be better than the 24" version of the odyssey? My only concern with the odyssey is that it doesn't have individual reflectors, but it does have a built in timer and is about $20 cheaper than the cheap grow fixture I found. BUT the grow fixture has individual reflectors...

mystersyster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey the sun blaze. Individual reflectors are worth it. You can get a cheap timer at the store.

Back