OP
OP
Albertan_Reef

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I may build my stand this weekend.

I also picked up another 100 lbs of live rock from a fellow reefer shutting his tank down.

All I need left is sand and a 75 gallon tank for a sump!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a dozer eh? One machine I always avoided lol!

And right on!! Looks pretty slick! Would be nice to see it up on the stand soon. Curbside delivery must have been nice. I didn't want to pay the extra $150 for a lift truck to get mine. Mostly because I'm cheap, lol but also because curbside for me would literally mean curb side, they would have dropped it in the snow and we would have to carry it up 3 frozen concrete stairs.

OP
OP
Albertan_Reef

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a dozer eh? One machine I always avoided lol!

And right on!! Looks pretty slick! Would be nice to see it up on the stand soon. Curbside delivery must have been nice. I didn't want to pay the extra $150 for a lift truck to get mine. Mostly because I'm cheap, lol but also because curbside for me would literally mean curb side, they would have dropped it in the snow and we would have to carry it up 3 frozen concrete stairs.

I run every piece of iron , just dozers are my favourite lol.

Hopefully I can get it on the stand soon, so my wife can have her garage back lol

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run every piece of iron , just dozers are my favourite lol.

Hopefully I can get it on the stand soon, so my wife can have her garage back lol

I haven't had experience with every type of equipment but virtually every smaller version. Ran a D11 for all of 45 seconds and it was a little too much. Although at that time it was the second piece of equipment I'd ever run.

For now I'll stick with my RC locomotive :p

And luckily stands aren't overly complicated, what kind of stand style were you going with?

OP
OP
Albertan_Reef

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had experience with every type of equipment but virtually every smaller version. Ran a D11 for all of 45 seconds and it was a little too much. Although at that time it was the second piece of equipment I'd ever run.

For now I'll stick with my RC locomotive :p

And luckily stands aren't overly complicated, what kind of stand style were you going with?

Hopefully ply wood, I had an old concept tank before , and it was on a plywood stank. Lots of room underneath for everything, but being 220+ gallons I may do a 2x4 and plywood stand.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully ply wood, I had an old concept tank before , and it was on a plywood stank. Lots of room underneath for everything, but being 220+ gallons I may do a 2x4 and plywood stand.

Could go with a laminated plywood stand, it's how I built mine and it's crazy strong, I'd say more so than a 2x4 stand would be.

OP
OP
Albertan_Reef

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and picked up a used 75 gallon today to use as a sump. Also picked up 100 lbs of sand, just need another 100 lbs

OP
OP
Albertan_Reef

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking over my precision marine calcium reactor, I noticed there’s no ph probe port...

Is there a way to add one?

OP
OP
Albertan_Reef

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update, maybe a big one...

Decided to sell my hydra 52Hd lights, and trade my 26Hd lights, in favour of an ATI Powermodule 8 bulb fixture.

Also ordered some orphek OR blue plus LED bars.

I essentially have 100% of the equipment and supplies, I just need to build a stand, get another bag of sand and another bucket of salt.

For sand I’m using caribsea special grade and Fiji pink, 100 lbs of each.

For salt I’m using Red Sea blue bucket.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back