OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to call Auariums for you today and ask about the progress of my tank. Well apparently thy had a couple of bad glass shipments recently and are backed up. So the tank that I ordered in January will not be ready until the end of May. I am ticked

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty then, well the owner has now just gotten back to me. He told me, as of now the tank is on rush. The 5 weeks behind they are now will make my tank delayed still but only 2 weeks not the 5 weeks they originally told me. Also willing to compensate me for a few things that happened due to the delay. I dont know what he has in mind but im waiting to from him again about it. So No def due dae but he said in 3 weeks it will be complete so im guessing May 6th

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they make some gorgeous tanks. I'm excited to see your new one.

Can we get some details on it? i know its a 180, but what are the dimensions? euro braced? starphire? etc...

thanks

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks FYI all thats in the first line of the thread ;)

It will be four feet long three feet wide two feet tall. All staphire, w/ eurobracing. It will have a LARGE external overflow which will act as a holding tank also for new fish since I have no room for a qt tank anywhere in my tiny lil house :) The overflow will be 18"x7"x10"

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got my pick up date today. They Told me it will be done on May 9th and ready for pick up on the 12th Let's see

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO am I ;) I cant wait. Chris that a awesome thing your doing also with the donation for the site. I will be becoming a premium member due to it :) Hope all is well with work stay safe

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty then...... Well its been a very long time since I updated this. For those of yous that do not know already my tank was never built or delivered. Aquarims for you went out of business took my money and no tank. I was just about to sell off everything when Paul (Kimoyo) Came to me with a offer I couldnt refuse lol. Well he now has his own business Acrylic Imagery. Well out of the kindness of his heart he decided to offer me my tank for cost. (PLEASE DO NOT ASK HOW MUCH THAT WAS) And due o lack of money I have to sell my Dialyseas to pay for everything. Which Im totally ticked off about. But now October 25th @ the NJRC he will be displaying my tank and afterwards droppin it off to me. I had surgery last week to remove a cyst on my tailbone and can not do much so he again offered to bring it to me afterwards. All I can say is he has been amazing to deal with and amazingly generous to help me out like this even though he only knew me threw the last few years from manhattan reefs website. SO Oct. 25th the new tank will be up and started

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a shame about the other company, thats just terrible. very nice of paul to help you out so much. well hope you are doing well after the surgery. im sure you are excited to get the tank and cant wait to see it get up and running :)

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the tank today
smile.gif
It looks amazing. Unfourtently Paul could not make it to the swap until the end. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PICS lol. I will take a few tomorrow and post them. Now I have to wait for my wood floors to be done this week and I can set this up

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it sucks youve had to wait so long and still waiting but i jumped the gun and now i have to go back and raise my stand and replumb everything again urg but cant wait to see it filled

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where the tank will be.
DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

I had the Light Set-up diffrent but it would of been to low so I had to take the top off and mount it to the ceiling and it is the perfect height now. I will have a piece of plywood screwed into the ceiling and then the lights into the plywood.
DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

OP
OP
N

nyfireman3097

Tank Slave
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the next step I took was the electrical wall. Right now the fridge is there but it is being moved to the otherside of the kitchen. Then I will be making a 42"x42" closet w/ steel shelves and a 2" drain. It will house all the lighting equiptment, chiller, external skimmer, external return pump, RO/DI, controller, supplements and possibly top off bucket. In the ceiling I have a large panasonic whisper exhaust fan which will be on a timer so that when the lights are on so is it. I also have a 50 pint per day dehumidifer going in it also. There is a 2' opening from this closet to the back of the tank. I decided on this so that the heat from the lights have room to circulate more and the exhaust can pull it out. The electrical wall is made of 3/4" plywood instead of sheetrock. Now I can screw everything to it and not have to worry about hitting a beam
wink.gif
I painted it a waterproofer and I will do the same to the walls and ceiling

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back