OP
OP
bluebeltreefer

bluebeltreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks buddy! its a good thing i keep a shaved head (#1 clip on a buzzer), if not, im scared to think how my hair do would look like after yesterday.

although alot of work, i find its the best method for me, to catch fish i no longer want for whatever reason. takes about 15mins to drain the tank, 15-20 mins to catch the fish, and another 15 mins to refill. its a perfect time to do a water change also! ive got a system down, so everything goes smoothly.

i think by having the corals exposed and slime over, is maybe a good thing to happen once in awhile. my buddy who is a marine biologist says it helps clean the acro and toughen them up. who knows? 95% of the corals come back to life about an hour after. even the clams dont seem to be affected. the only sps that seems to have problems are birdnest.

today i seen my blue spot jawfish digging holes. ive had him for about 2 days. he still doesnt seem to take food, but i hope he does in the next couple of days. i also bought a pearly jawfish the same day. i seen him the first night, but now i dont see him. i hope he is ok. maybe cause the tank is big with lots of hiding space that i dont see him....i hope.

thanks everyone for reading and if you see anywhere or anything i can improve on, please let me know.

SethSPST

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey whats up buddy!! thanks. how is your build coming along?

Very slow. Still got a few things to order. Built the frame for the stand, but it wasn't square so I'm starting again. Got most of the stuff done on our new house this past weekend, so hopefully I can get the some time dedicated to the tank build.

OP
OP
bluebeltreefer

bluebeltreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck with the build! i know what its like not having time. and then when you get some time, you want to relax, but yet have so much to do!

i picked up 4 cleaner shrimps for my tank. now i have a total of 5, 5 of which are the most laziest cleaner shrimps i have ever had! the fish swim up to them and expose themself, but the shrimp dont do nothing. they are making my cleaner wrasse work overtime! haha

also, i built a nano tank for my girlfriend and plumbed it into my tank. im not sure if i should post the build on this thread or make a new one in the nano section....hmmm? :bigsmile:

SethSPST

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck with the build! i know what its like not having time. and then when you get some time, you want to relax, but yet have so much to do!

i picked up 4 cleaner shrimps for my tank. now i have a total of 5, 5 of which are the most laziest cleaner shrimps i have ever had! the fish swim up to them and expose themself, but the shrimp dont do nothing. they are making my cleaner wrasse work overtime! haha

also, i built a nano tank for my girlfriend and plumbed it into my tank. im not sure if i should post the build on this thread or make a new one in the nano section....hmmm? :bigsmile:

Put it in the Nano Section!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back