• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

1st experience with Algae Barn wasn't good

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Algae Barn to ensure that delivering to Pennsylvania during these cold weather months would be ok for the pods being shipped and was told that they would be fine.

So I ordered the following on 12-17-18;

2 Pom Pom Gracilaria (Gracilaria hayi) - Golf Ball, size: Golf Ball $15.00

1 Tisbee Pods Single Species Tisbe Biminiensis - 6,000+, size: 6,000+ $55.00

Free Nano Brine Live Baby Artemia - 500+ $0.00

1 OceanMagik Live Phytoplankton 4 Species Blend - 32oz, size: 32oz $25.00

Items showed up a couple days later and I was actually there to receive and acclimate them.
Everything looked ok except the pods....It was quite obvious that just about all the pods were DOA except a handful of stubborn ones.

I dumped them in anyway, thinking...maybe Im wrong...nope, I was right.
Im just getting around to this since the Holidays, bnut im going to email Kevin and will keep you guys posted.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friendly reminder
This is a vendor feedback thread. Only @Brad Miller and @AlgaeBarn are permitted to post with exception to posting a link to your own feedback thread in regards to the same vendor.

Thank you :)
Crabs

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi @Brad Miller, I'm so sorry to hear that your Tisbee Pods didn't make it to you in good condition and I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right.

We get nearly every package to the customer in great condition, but sometimes, it just doesn't work out. I understand your frustration, but we got you covered! We will get a new shipment of pods(we are covering shipping and everything!) out to you on Wednesday (1/2/2019)! We will include an extra gift to make up for the difficulties!

Cheers,
Sean

OP
OP
Brad Miller

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;FacepalmUpdate...
I did receive my new pods and was happy to see they made it this time.
In this order, I also bought 16 oz of OceanMagik Phyto (1 came in the measurable plastic jug and the other was in a pouch)
Over the course of a week, I used the 16 oz jug while slowly introducing it to the tank.
I only used a bit of the pouch when I smelled something rank, it was coming from the Phyto pouch !
I looked at the expiration date and it says 17 Jan 18...obviously a misprint...should be 17 Jan 19 I would think.
Harvest date was 16 Dec 18.
Kept it in the fridge and shook a few times a day.
Today is 1-14-19
I know things happen, but dead pods and rank Phyto in one order....Algae Barn, not looking so good again

IMG_0637.JPG

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back