1st tank: Oceanic biocube 14 gallon

alpha859

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. New here. My buddy just won the wwc contest and got me very interested in the forum Lol.
So my tank is about 7 weeks old, fully cycled and I have one rainsford goby and the following coral:
2 different gsp frags
3 zoa frags
1 trumpet coral
1 candy cane trumpet
1 favia
and one rock w 7 mushrooms on it

So I guess my question is, how well do you think the coral will do and how much more can I add? Also, I'm thinking of adding a orcellis clown and maybe a clown goby. Do y'all think that will put me over my max as far as biolaod is concerned?
As far as my tank is concerned, I have 2 24 watt lights, one white, one actinic, a protein skimmer, and o have been running the coralife filter cartridges.
Would love to hear what y'all have to say!

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. There are lots of great gifts/prizes given out by Reef2Reef and their sponsors. I can guarantee that becoming a contributing member will pay for itself.
As far as the number of fish - think one inch of adult fish per five gallons of water. You are very limited with 14 gallons. A Clown Goby is a great choice for a nano, but may nip at SPS polyps. The Rainsford Goby by itself pretty much maxes you out. I think you might be able to manage one more small fish. The Ocellaris Clown, minimum 20 gallons, might not be a good choice; it would establish the whole tank as its territory.

OP
OP
A

alpha859

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to ask my lfs to round up a clown goby for me. I don't have any sps yet, I'm not sure my tank tank could support it with my current lighting. Now that I've gotten my feet wet with the hobby I'm already wanting to upgrade my tank lol. But for the moment, I'm going to stick with my biocube and see if I can keep everything growing! Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMAG0661.jpg
    IMAG0661.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 378
  • IMAG0662.jpg
    IMAG0662.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMAG0664.jpg
    IMAG0664.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 244

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. If you can manage a small tank, then later a large tank will be a breeze. Small tanks are much less forgiving. I'd think your number one concern is to keep salinity constantly the same; top off your tank every day.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back