2.1 Doser Start and Stop times & 12 hour periods?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this be added to the dosers?

I find it odd that I don’t have the option to pick a 12 hour dose period “and” a 24 hour dose period. Only having the option for a 24 hour period with the automatic dosing really limits both the reefer and doser.

Example: 150 automatic doses per day or 24 hours.
***We also need 75 automatic doses per 12 hrs as well**

Having more options would really take GHL to the top. It would be really nice to be able to program not only start times, but “stop times” as well. Most people like to dose Alk at a different time than Calcium due to obvious precipitation issues.

The manual 8 dose limit is very disappointing to say the least. Making that a 75 dose limit for 12 hours or 150 for 24 hrs would be fantastic.

I know you guys have probably heard this before already, but add me to the list if there is one.

Would this be able to be upgraded in the future w/o having to purchase a new doser?

Should this be an easy firmware update??

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind dosing only 12 hours of the day...

Corals consume essential elements (Ca, KH, Mg, etc.) around the clock, not just within a 12 hour window. Although the consumption rate of these corals are not consistent throughout 24 hours, dosing over this time-period is more effective than supplying to meet higher demand (or dose less) during a 12 hour window. Typically KH consumption rates are higher during the photoperiod and lower thereafter. If one doses only during one portion of the day, I can see a larger potential for greater fluctuations. Demand is constant, but rate of demand is not. If the supply is only present during peak times or maybe outside of the photoperiod, only 1 part of the daily demand is met.

Using the existing features still gives users the option to tailor their dosing needs around a 24 hour window which is how corals consume essential elements.
When it comes to dosing Ca and KH, we recommend keeping the dose times far enough apart from each other to prevent dose times from over lapping.

How is this done?
Using the Auto option, select the starting time for one pump and set the starting time for the 2nd pump 30 minutes later. With the start-times set, each dose for both pumps will run independently of each other where pump 1 doses and pump 2 is always 30 minutes later.

This is where fine tuning dosages come into play.
Running your starting dose times in-line or outline of the photoperiod can also help with minimizing swings.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back