RedSea doser limited ml question

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to dose over 1000ml of water per day for evap but the red sea app wont allow the doser to be set above 3 digits for ml, limiting it to 999 ml per day. I know i could spin up a second head to do another 999ml.

Does anyone know a way around this limit on the app? Is there a better option? I do have an apex, so thats an option. Budget is not a huge issue but i would like to save money on it if possible.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you’re not using one of the many off the shelf automatic top off options electric or mechanical? Using a dosing pump with no feed back will take adjustment throughout the year. A basic mechanical ATO can be set up for under 25 dollars. 1L a day is a lot of wear and tear on a peristaltic pump for no reason.

OP
OP
lostmojo

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you’re not using one of the many off the shelf automatic top off options electric or mechanical? Using a dosing pump with no feed back will take adjustment throughout the year. A basic mechanical ATO can be set up for under 25 dollars. 1L a day is a lot of wear and tear on a peristaltic pump for no reason.
I put kalk in it at times, and pumps dont like kalk much. I was also hoping to use it as a water change option for the tank over the week, but 999ml is not much of a water change in a 40g tank.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put kalk in it at times, and pumps dont like kalk much. I was also hoping to use it as a water change option for the tank over the week, but 999ml is not much of a water change in a 40g tank.

I would just do a gravity ATO. Cheap and won’t care about limewater. If you have room for two reservoirs you could easily make the second a mixing station and gravity feed it via 3/4 hose.

OP
OP
lostmojo

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just do a gravity ATO. Cheap and won’t care about limewater. If you have room for two reservoirs you could easily make the second a mixing station and gravity feed it via 3/4 hose.
Gravity is not the option sadly. I have the equipment in my garage which is 3' lower than the floor in my living room.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back