2.5 gallon PNW pico

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpw213
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mpw213

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
141
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add some pictures of my (very full) 2.5 gallon pico tank. Currently no fish due to a disease outbreak so leaving it fishless for 60 days. Latest addition was an acro which for me is the ultimate challenge and so far it’s doing well! Also I think my torch is starting to split
20260725_153318_730DC9E6-239B-497A-8004-94413CB6FDDE.png


20260725_153318_B39A32CF-3289-40CC-8DC3-7260142CACFF.png


20260725_153318_A493B973-BDA0-4FCD-8B44-12712C7BCCF6.png


20260725_153318_E8533C68-A5D0-4052-80D6-45D6B4A8AFD1.png


20260725_153318_4B2216EA-EF30-4B5A-A672-3491A68AB972.png


20260725_153319_3D07AC1A-AFB6-4904-9D20-CFD373FD1156.png
 
This is one of the coolest nanos around for sure. Great polyp extension and I love how fat those krypto heads are!
 
This is one of the coolest nanos around for sure. Great polyp extension and I love how fat those krypto heads are!
Thank you! I actually cut most of the skeleton off to glue it there and make room for other corals. It started growing way faster after I did that for some reason
 
Thank you! I actually cut most of the skeleton off to glue it there and make room for other corals. It started growing way faster after I did that for some reason

Awesome, everything looks really full and healthy. Do you spot or broadcast feed?
 
What fish do you usually keep in a tank this small?
 
Thank you! I actually cut most of the skeleton off to glue it there and make room for other corals. It started growing way faster after I did that for some reason

Awesome, everything looks really full and healthy. Do you spot or broadcast feed?
I try to spot feed to keep phosphates low but it definitely flies around the tank after I turn the pumps back on
 
What fish do you usually keep in a tank this small?
Really can only do small gobies. Currently no fish but I’m planning on adding a white cap with a pistol shrimp next. Before I had a disease outbreak I had really good luck with a clown goby m, Dracula goby, and white cap goby
 
Look incredible! What is your maintenance routine like for this tank?
Thanks! Maintenance is physically easy but I test and dose daily and do 1-2 small water changes daily depending on phosphates (it’s automated so not too bad). Also requires a lot of cleaning in tight spots and tinkering with coral placement.

Since posting this my torch unfortunately died but I did get a white cap goby paired with a red spotted pistol. So they completely overturned my sandbed but finally started to settle down


20260912_133810_DB4438DA-05CB-4001-A7E2-417B65CA7848.png
 
So cool how packed your reef is. Ever consider going larger?
 
So cool how packed your reef is. Ever consider going larger?
Thanks! And yes I dream about getting a big tank daily haha. The minute I own a house I’ll be upgrading. This was supposed to be a fun low maintenance low tech office tank but the addiction really took off as you can see
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new