2.6g Fluval Spec III (Pico Reef Tank Thread)

Pick 1 fish to go in this tank


  • Total voters
    23
  • Poll closed .
Still foamy at the surface. Been adding a little live water everyday. Added some ruble I had kicking around. Also glued about 30 pieces of rumble together and made a decent little rock. Still pretty foggy.


image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 
How did it do?
 
I found a Yasha Hashe and pistol combo at my LFS yesterday. It was a tiger pistol but that's ok. They went right for the rocks, and haven't seen them since. Except for a pistol antenna poking out of a tunnel this morning. Overnight, one or both did a lot of digging. I see a couple tunnels/burrows and sand piles. Hoping after a couple days they will begin making normal appearances.
 
Last edited:
Added a clown goby and walking dendro yesterday. The Yasha has such little bio load, due to their slow metabolism I decided to add a 2nd fish. The dendro moved a couple inches last night. I didn't dip the coral due to the peanut worm living inside, thankfully my LFS does an a amazing job of removing unwanted critters.


Clown goby roosting up on the return. Keeps doing the happy dance.
image.jpeg


image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 
I used to have a clown yellow clown goby in my spec 3. Is he eating?
 
That's good! Be sure to get some pods in there as well. It will tear them up

Oddly the clown has ignored the colony of tiger pods living on the rock in which its roosting. He may be picking them off but I haven't witnessed it for myself yet.
 
Oddly the clown has ignored the colony of tiger pods living on the rock in which its roosting. He may be picking them off but I haven't witnessed it for myself yet.
Mine went for the tisbe pods.
 
I can't see them
 
In that picture look at the rock at 6 o' clock. They are the little orange dots on the rock.
Lol maybe I'm blind. I can't see them o.O
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new