2.6G Sexy Ricordia Build

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its alright. I upgraded the return pump to a 150gph and the flow is.......flowing lol. Only thing I hate is that the water evaporates quick.
you can make a lid for it out of a sheet of acrylic to stop the evap.. I assume youre doing weekly water changes?

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can make a lid for it out of a sheet of acrylic to stop the evap.. I assume youre doing weekly water changes?

the stock lid has a giant hole in it...oh well. I'll probably end up getting an ATO for it anyways.
51ea2aa2dd77a39d213131034ba6215f.jpg

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, you can make a lid for it. acrylic at home depot is pretty cheap. doesn't need to be real thick. you can go a week without top off. just drop an airstone in your new saltwater as its mixing then do your weekly water change and you are good to go. but an ato will work too. I just prefer keeping things simple lol

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this build [emoji7]

thanks!
meet the first sexy shrimp!
ad60ef72f65fb4e9843b40152c63e4fe.jpg

9ed0b73ebaa2d97c977435523d19a10c.jpg

I have a trio (two females and a male) that has been with me for about a year now, and they've even moved twice with me. I swear these guys are pretty hardy for their size. I'll be slowly moving the the other two over as I catch them. this one happens to be one of my females.

temperature is running a little high right now at 82, I'm going to take the lid off for now. I need to get a 25W neotherm soon.

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 also, wonder if I could add more and also another pom pom crab

I've seen the Pom Poms fight before in a 10g actually, but it was a pregnant female vs. the male. he stole her poms from her ):

BUT I think if you don't have any gender problems, they can be fine.

having my 3 sexies in my 8g really fills it up so I think 3 in your 10g would be max too.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the Pom Poms fight before in a 10g actually, but it was a pregnant female vs. the male. he stole her poms from her ):

BUT I think if you don't have any gender problems, they can be fine.

having my 3 sexies in my 8g really fills it up so I think 3 in your 10g would be max too.
Yeah, pretty happy with what I have so far, the only bad thing is that they tend to hide behind the rocks a lot and hardly ever see them

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back