75g fowlr

reefermadnes5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank as it sits today. Had a bout with ich 2 months ago that the tank is still coming back from. I've been running a fluval 400 canister with carbon pellets, floss, matrix and purigen for a few years with no problems cycling when I had a single fish. Adding new fish caused me lots of problems. Mostly disease related. Treating the ich nuked my bio filter in my canister so I added a bunch of rock as I'm cycling again.

I currently have 10 swimmers and tiger pistol shrimp. I need to add to the clean up crew because the cerith snails and my urchin didn't tolerate the hyposalinity.

I am super happy about beating out ich and posting it anywhere I think someone might agree.
20240317_101228.jpg

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually copper does not nuke the biofilter, might want to add a uv or quarantine. I love fish only tanks with no inverts because I can easily treat ick with copper.

OP
OP
reefermadnes5

reefermadnes5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A qt/recievng tank is the lesson i took away from this. If/when anymore swimmers come in it will be in a hospital tank running copper.

I cant use copper in my tank because one of my favorites is a tiger pistol shrimp.

I ran hypo at 1.009 for 30 days as i treated food with kanaplex,metroplex and focus for 3 weeks and treated water with paraguard for 4 weeks.

Ammonia was very high by the end of the treatment so I assumed i might have reduced the biofilter. I also had to pull out the snails as I read mixed info about them making it through the treatment, that probably added to the spike. A 12 hour blackout on day 2 of hypo might have really hurt things as well.

My tank had fully cycled and readings were stable before treatment. I added a bunch of live rock to the tank to improve things.

Its been 7 days since hyposalinity ended. Ammonia was 5. Down to a 1 already.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back