2.7g Pico Pest Tank Office Build

Dassem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im so happy this is still running, been following you since you first posted on nanoreef! (Im the rope btw) im in loce with the little yellow goby ♡♡♡

Dassem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its still running! Many times I think about restarting it, then I think.. I want to see which corals will ultimately take over the tank, lol
I believe gsp will XD im still half half on my mixed reef i always wanted to do a full mushroom tank with a xenia back wall and some kenyas. But its too late now hahah

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated shot from today

iBJGkEc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww thank you all! I appreciate the comments!

It's still growing! Had a bit of an issue water quality since the company changed the water cooler, nitrites spiked and nearly killed everything.

but now I started buying distilled water and manually topping off, everything perked back up.
I have not done a water change in 3 months in this tank- everyone says I need to water change at least twice a week in a pico, but if everything is growing and testing shows in range, why?

I feed once or twice a day with frozen food. danged goby does not like pellets, lol.

My YCG did die, sadly. But I found a black clown goby and he has as much personality as the yellow.

here's the latest tank shot as of today- cellphone which makes it hard to capture the colors as it really is. You can see some loss from the water issues.

09BHsAA.jpg

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This awesome little tank's been shut down a year ago due to lack of time at work to upkeep it. It had fallen down hill again and I had decided to break it down then. I took the tank home and converted it to an easy planted betta tank.

Had the betta for a year, but no passion for fresh water tank. I got the bug and decided to rehome my betta and gifted the plants for my father and converted the tank back to a pico tank. I gave the rocks a good cleaning a year ago, and reused them all in a new aquascape in the tank. I used an old filter I had stored, it's not a 50, but modded it to hold floss in the back- I may purchase a 50 later on to have more water volume and space. It gives nice flow!

Today it's wet.

What corals would you put in this tank? Should I make it another pest tank? I can't decide!

tank1.jpeg

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to hear from you, I think about this tank every now and again
As for stocking feather duster worms could be interesting, although it may be a bit small
Maybe some of those if they fit and some shrooms

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not gonna lie, this is one of the tanks that convinced me to try salt. I'm glad to see it getting a new life

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back