2 AIO drop-ins in a 100 gallon tank

NoobishReefer22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef community,

I've been a long time lurker here and I am quite new to the Hobby but I am looking to get a 100 gallon tank (found a great deal USED) and I am wondering if I can use 2x AIO drop in kits as I haven't been able to find a single AIO drop in kit that is rated for 100 gallons. This is probably a bad question / really not recommended but I'm really not taking to having a sump I've watched a LOT of videos from BRS and other youtubers and It just hurts my head to be quite honest.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's fine. Out of curiosity, what's confusing about a sump? It's just a tank that goes underneath and pumps water back up

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact @Tenecor Aquariums here and ask if their biggest AIO drop in (the 75g) would work, they might be able to make modifications for you. Very helpful company.

I have thier 75g drop in on my own tank and I love it. Very spacious for what it is.

OP
OP
NoobishReefer22

NoobishReefer22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's fine. Out of curiosity, what's confusing about a sump? It's just a tank that goes underneath and pumps water back up
Thank you!

It’s just kind of scary managing the risk of having it overflow as well as doing the piping as well the Stand I am interested in getting doesn’t have space.

OP
OP
NoobishReefer22

NoobishReefer22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact @Tenecor Aquariums here and ask if their biggest AIO drop in (the 75g) would work, they might be able to make modifications for you. Very helpful company.

I have thier 75g drop in on my own tank and I love it. Very spacious for what it is.
Thank you I will reach out to them I don’t think they ship to Canada though which is unfortunate but I will see if I can work something out. I would love to go with Tenecor since they are quite cheaper vs the Fiji cube drop in.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that can definitely work. In fact it is possible to keep a successful reef without any mechanical filtration if the aquarium has sufficient biological filtration using the rock and sand. There is a thread on here about minimalist reefing that focuses on not relying on a lot of equipment. I will post the link to that thread as it might be helpful to you.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I will reach out to them I don’t think they ship to Canada though which is unfortunate but I will see if I can work something out. I would love to go with Tenecor since they are quite cheaper vs the Fiji cube drop in.
I think we do ship to Canada. Need to check with the right people. We have a new aio that is not yet listed. It is a universal mount designed to work with just about any tank. Please email us at [email protected] ask about it.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

It’s just kind of scary managing the risk of having it overflow as well as doing the piping as well the Stand I am interested in getting doesn’t have space.

There is no risk of it overflowing if you get the right size. Honestly as someone who has had the drop in aio's, I would only ever do that again if I couldn't get a sump. The sump just makes life so much easier.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back