2 blennies 1 tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I agree with the above advice; different genera with differing body shapes has a better chance.
But I would add that the habits of the fish play the most important role. If both blennies are perchers that pick algae off of the rocks, you could have trouble; even if different genera. I was advised against adding an Ecsenius sp. blenny with a Hypsoblennius sp. blenny unless my tank was at least six feet long. The fish do set up territories and defend them aggressively. A 55gal may not be big enough for more than one blenny.
And with all fishes, each fish has its own personality. I had a Starry Blenny that was an absolute terror even though I know of plenty others that do just fine in a community reef.
I have a 450 Gallon Tank, have had a lawnmower blenny in for about 3 months… Looking to add another lawnmower blenny tonight? Do you think it’ll be okay?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new