2 Broken 250w Icecap Ballasts in a Row?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dylan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dylan

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
734
Reaction score
8
Location
Dallas, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... so I order a lumenmax 3 pendant, a 250w 20k EVC, and a 250w Icecap ballast. I wire the ballast and pendant together, plug it in and... no go. Tried half the plugs in my house. LFS confirmed that it was wired correctly. So, I called Reefgeek, who I bought these from, and they swapped me out the ballast.

I got the new ballast in the mail today... before I started wiring it, I plugged it in the wall to make sure it actually worked. No go. Any tips? I called reefgeek and they are talking to Icecap about it. Does it have to be wired to something for me to hear the hum?

Thanks.
 
Dylan - bring it in this weekend. he best way to test it is to completely wire it to the pendent. If its an electronic ballast then there is a good chance that it will not make a humming noise.
 
Doii.

When my sunpod blew, it killed the magnetic ballast AND the bulb. Go figure. So I was using a broken bulb...

My luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new